1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mamma Mia - White Stallion rides home - BNW Grande Punto MJD emotion.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by ghodlur, Jul 9, 2013.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Two issues bugging me for the past few days.
    1) Even after keeping the two vents totally closed, the air flow through the rest two on the dashboard isnt great inspite of keeping the blower speed at max. The air throw from the driver side vent (extreme right) is at its minimum. This vent had been recently replaced as it had cracked.
    2) The brakes have got a bit more squeaky than usual lately. Is it because I wash the car once a week and the water accumulates somewhere near the brake pads.

Experts - any ideas?
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Try replacing or cleaning with blower the micro air filter (paper type), could improve airflow.:confused: Or else blower system may need a look.
  3. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I had the same issue last year; the front brakes used to produce a squeaking noise whenever brakes were applied and it was fixed by Balaji guys by changing the 2 discs. Set me back by around 2K.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @GirishRaghu I hope mine will be taken care by warranty if at all need arises. Will update after my forthcoming workshop visit.

Today had a scare of my life when had to brake hard to avoid running over a dog. Stupid dog stayed on the road inspite of honking and after I brakes hard (for a moment the broken bumper, radiator grill etc started floating in front of me) coolly walked off as if nothing happened:jawdrop:. My heart was in my mouth momentarily:eek:. I guess the Indian jaywalker's attitude is being rubbed off on the animals too.:mad:
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Visited the Balaji Fiat workshop today to attend the horn issue. The horn completely stopped working a couple of days before and it was nightmarish to drive on Indian roads without a horn. The horn pad was serviced and now working ok. Also got the washer wiper alignment corrected, the spray which was happening all over is now directed correctly to the windshield.

Aslo got the following checked and was found to be Ok as per Fiat.
    1) Brakes, squeakiness is normal according to Fiat.
    2) The side blower is working Ok too. According to Fiat the front ones are larger is size than the side ones. hence the different air flows.

Got an opportunity to test drive the Avventura which was available in the showroom. Only one car was available for test drive though. My observations detailed here.
    http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/fiat-avventura-test-drive-review.13191/page-33#post-841922237
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Post the horn pad servicing have been lately getting concious about the elevated position of the horn pad on the steering wheel. Is the gap seen from the front normal or needs attention (again from workshop)? Experts pls advise. Attaching the pic for reference.

Also the plastic strip at the bottom of the front wind shield is coming off at some places. Any ways to stick them back. The fallen leaves get stuck in the gaps.

P_20141116_123110.jpg
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    A small query to the experts.

Is there any way of displaying the seconds also in the time display along with hrs and minutes.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    The horn pad seems to have give away as it has been behaving erratically, it has become loose. If you see two posts above, I had posted the pic of the horn pad which looks slightly protruded and out of place. The horn sounds intermittently too. Will the loose horn pad have any effect on the air bag operations? Any suggestion experts.

I will be showing it to the FASS either today or during weekend.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Visited the Balaji workshop yesterday to rectify the horn issue. Sandeep Singh, the CRM graciously accommodated the last minute appointment and assigned it to a technician inspite when the workshop was in the closing hours. The technician promptly opened the horn pad from the steering wheel and serviced the horn contacts. Basically these are the copper strips coiled in a way to make contact when the horn pad is depressed, have attached the pics (refer last pic). Things worked when I left the workshop and suddenly today morning on my way to office faced the same issue of no horn available when horn pad was depressed at any location. Will be writing a mail to Sandeep Singh and Fiat. Can someone who has experienced this kind of issue confirm how was it resolved?

P_20141127_173953.jpg

P_20141127_174007.jpg

P_20141127_174028.jpg

P_20141127_174114.jpg
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    An update:
    A quick visit to Balaji Fiat to resolve the horn issue coz it was getting nightmarish to drive on the roads without the horn functioning. After a bit of checking it was identified that the horns were an issue and not the pad. Both the horns were replaced but unfortunately not with new ones but with makeshift ones which were lying unused. This was done with a guarantee that in case of any reported issue with horn, new ones will be installed as there were no spare new horns at the workshop (surprised that basic spares such as horns weren't available). Pic attached of the horns replaced. These are Hella horns and I thought they did last for quite long time. 18 months is too short period for them to go bad.

Would like to appreciate the CRM Sandeep Singh and technician Mannubhai who patiently listened to my rantings with a smile and offered to attend me on priority today and the visit before.

P_20141129_104014.jpg
    punto_emotion and asimpleson like this.