1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mamma Mia - White Stallion rides home - BNW Grande Punto MJD emotion.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by ghodlur, Jul 9, 2013.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Lately have been observing wife and son finding it difficult to open the rear doors using the door handles. The handles dont operate smoothly. Is it because of the monsoons coz I fear my son will use all his might to open and door and will find the door handle in his hands. Even I tried, I could operate but with an effort, not a smooth flick. Anything I should be concerned?
  2. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    @Girish it happens with me also..but not everytime,sometimes the rear door handles dont operate smoothly..door handle wont come in your son's hand,dont worry..
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Last weekend unleashed the 75 horses which had been on leash till the odo crossed 1k Kms. It was time for a long drive and what better than do a Shirdi trip. Completed the Thane-Shirdi-Pune-Thane trip covering a total distance of 615 kms which gave a fantastic average of 19.7 km/lts.:D

While entering Pune, the check enigne lamp was on. Although I could not feel any loss of power and drove at moderate speeds till I reached the destination. I had a loook in the manual which said Ingition failure but I could start the engine. A couple of calls to Balaji Fiat, Thane service advisors and they said they might have to check the engine using the OBD. They also confirmed that I could do the Pune-Thane stretch but at normal speeds only. Hence drove cautiously till Thane and voila after entering the Thane, the lamp indication was gone. Was baffled by this strange behviour:eek:, called up the SA again and he confirmed that there are chances that the lamp indiaction might re-appear and to bring the car for check when that happens. From then I have started the car atleast 4-5 times and the lamp indication never glowed.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Friends,

What is the correct & practical air pressure to be maintained in the 195/65 tyres of Punto. The manual says 29 psi in all 4 tryes when minimum load and 32 with maximum load. With both these settings I still get the bounciness when The car rolls over the speed breakers or the rumbler strips. I also tried 30 psi in all 4 tryes and 32 in front & 30 at rear tryes also but still could feel the thumps. Is it the case that the Punto has now increased GC of 185 mm which is causing the combinations of tyre pressures to be ineffective?

I have driven over potholes and on the smooth highways too. The car behaves well on both with no major surprises with rear seatings.
  5. pacificdimonds

pacificdimonds

Pune
    Dear Team;
    I own Punto emotion pk 1.4 . Pls suggest simple but classy decal theme for bossino white colored car as well as the shop in Pune to get it done.
    Thanks
    Prashant\9822907946
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Experts,

Need your advice. The odo readings in my Punto started blinking since this morning. The strange part is the blinking happens for a minute or so and then it gets steady. The cycle repeats. Any clues as to the reason for this to happen? Does it warrant a visit to the workshop?
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i too had this problem,i have not done anything ,it gone on its own. :confused
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Ok, then how long did the issue last?
  9. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

vadodara-gujarat
    Even my GP had the same problem within a week after i bought it. Sometimes there was no click in handles and the door would not open only. This was not a very recurring issue. It happened very randomly for back doors only. But in the mean time i had to visit the workshop for a loose rubber gasket for rear RH door. Got the same fixed and also asked the service guy to check the handles. He didnt find any issues with the handles as such at that time but happy did a detailed inspection. He adjusted something and opened and closed the door for 20+times to check the smooth operation.

Any ways the Doors handles of GP are normally hard then other cars.
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Fiat Chamatkar. When returning from office, suprisingly the odo didnt blink even once. Steady all through the 25 kms journey. Will update if this phenomon repeats again.