1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mamma Mia - White Stallion rides home - BNW Grande Punto MJD emotion.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by ghodlur, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You can try fixing yourself without removing HU, not sure though if it will work. Hope these small items can be replaced at service centers.
    If you are able to glue it with feviquick, should be ok I guess.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    For the HU knob, I can see the O ring around the knob which means that the knob should be able to be fit back. Surprised to see how could the knob pop out? I thought it was puch and twist kind of arrangement but that isnt the case. Attaching a snap of the same, notice the gap between the knob and HU

For the refuel cover lid plastic crack, it shouts loudly of the poor quality being used by Fiat. The funny part is that the plastic latch fits on a metal bar inside the refuel chamber. A few hard attempts to close by petrol pump attendants and it is sure to crack. For now I will use the fevikwik route

P_20140929_075231.jpg
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Guys,

One surprising observation today morning while driving to work. The Distance to Empty on the MID was reading 1078 meaning the car could go to that distance with the present fuel status. Although it was instantaneous the reading remained for a full minute or so and then dropped down. I had never till date observed the reading to go beyond 925 this was the highest reading observed immediately after refuel to full tank.

Any ideas what could be the reason for the shootup? Is it the weather in the mornings is becoming a lot cooler for the proper combustion to take place?
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    An head aching update:

A couple of days after the faulty lock was replaced, the problem of door unlocking still persists. I am unable to identify which door lock is the culprit neither is there any indication on the MID.

Guess a visit to the workshop is on the cards soon again.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Was sad and surprised to see a big gash and scratches on the front bumper :eek:on the left side in the morning on the way to morning. On a closer look suspected the car parked next to mine to be the culprit since the scratches are the same side as the parked car. I was sure there were no scratches before as I had washed the car in the morning. Will be having a talk with the owner if he had a hand in it.:mad::rage:
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    There has been a barrage of calls from Fiat India & Balaji Fiat Thane over last couple of days incl today. This was I guess because of my comments on Fiat India's FB page regarding the Free check up camp. I was asked to rank Balaji Fiat's experience and I gave an honest feedback:p. The CRM of Balaji Fiat called up and enquired the issue which I updated regarding the still unresolved door lock issue. Now they proposed to replace all the four locks. I think thats generous but should I get the working one's alsoreplaced? It seems Balaji isnt interested to diagnose the issue.
    rishike007 likes this.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Get them all serviced once and then replaced later if problem persists..

EDIT: may be an error with door wiring loom. Just a possibility amongst many. Get it checked or connectors replaced where possible.

Call Rajendra : 8108109002, explain the problem, also ask for Michael try to explain to him also and see what solution might be needed..
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
    ghodlur likes this.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Thanks Aseem for the advic, will ensure they do complete loop checking. But the guys you mentioned - are they working in Balaji Fiat, Thane coz I never heard them. There's only one electrical expert whom I know by the name Mannubhai. His assistant by name Rashid handles in his absence.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Girish, these are guys from RS Motors, Kandivali. Do explain what effort was taken prior to this on your car.
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Got the Jopasu Car care jumbo pack kit (Picked up by my friend from the Jopasu dealer in Vashi, Navi Mumbai). Costed me Rs 1050/- a discount of Rs 200/- from the original price. The price in E-bay is Rs 1151/-. The kit comprises of a Duster, Mini duster, Microfibre magic glove and Microfibre wipe. Pics attached for reference.

P_20141010_174714.jpg

P_20141010_174512.jpg

P_20141010_174626.jpg

P_20141010_174540.jpg

P_20141010_174554.jpg

P_20141010_174614.jpg