1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mamma Mia - White Stallion rides home - BNW Grande Punto MJD emotion.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by ghodlur, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think it depends on how big your footprint.... For me yes i am able to use the dead pedal during my long drives. Catch Situation i should be on my sport shoes or slippers. With my woodland shoes it is not that easy to use...
    1 person likes this.
  2. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I'm using the dead pedal all the time. No issues faced. After resting the left foot on the dead pedal feels me the P sitting positing of Punto.
    It's my observation that might different in your case :)
    1 person likes this.
  3. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    I, too, use it heavily. but, most of my footwear are narrow ones. Space there will surely create a problem for person with big foots.

I have not wore my woodland since the day I bought supernova :(
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    My Shoe size is 10 and with bare feet also I face difficulty is resting the left leg on the dead pedal. It fouls with the clutch pedal. No solution in my case I guess. Keeping the left foot on the clutch (not depressed) has resulted in a section of the 3M Nomad mat going bald. :sad1
    1 person likes this.
  5. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Mine is also 10 Girish. I all the time wore CAT shoes on weekdays & Sports/Woodlands on weekends then also not faced these issue.
    But when I'm using Lee Coopers with long toe then this space is creating a huge problem.
    1 person likes this.
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    i also wear size 10 and use dead pedal extensively on highways. yes the angle of dead pedal is such that foot needs to be lifted everytime we juggle between clutch and dead pedal.

one positive thing of this angle that i have noticed is that when cruising with left foot on dead pedal and right foot on accelerator, the inclination angle of both the foots is almost same. this might be adding comfort to an extent for our legs on long drives but it goes unnoticed.
    3 people like this.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Guys, Just had a peek at the merchandise section and with fingers crossed hoped the sticker set would be available. But was :(:(. However the sticker set looked absolutely drool worthy. Just waiting to get my hands on them. Mods - pls expedite the same. :cool:
    nkrishnap likes this.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    The door locks are acting up again. This time its rear right door which keeps operating when the door is opened:eek:. The locks repeat their performance when other doors and opened and the only time they are silent is when the driver door is locked and the car is autolocked above 20kmph:p. Time to visit the workshop to get this rectified and other niggles also to be attended.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Visited the Balaji Fiat, Thane workshop for resolving the door locks issue and must admit had a frustrating time there. Inspite of booking an appointment of 9.30 am, the SA royally trotted in at 10 am. There was a team leader assigned to check the door lock issue, explained to him and he insisted on a test drive to confirm. Now the lock issue had been intermittent, hence agreed to test drive. To my horror they team leader and the mechanic took off without even informing me or requesting me to accompany:jawdrop:. They came back a total 30 mins later and 5 lts less diesel covering 15 kms in the heavy morning traffic:banghead:. And to top it up, they came back with a verdict of no lock issue in the car. I was like:mad::mad:. Blasted both the guys and had a word with Workshop Manager who arranged a different mechanic for test drive. This time I drove and the problem of doors getting unlocked happened twice. The mechanic disconnected the left front door and for the rest of the drive to the workshop back, there was no issues with the door lock. The Workshop Manager sheepishly admitted his mistake and took the team leader and other mechanic to cleaners. Finally after an exhaustive and frustrating 3.5 hrs, the left front door lock issue was resolved with the actuator being replaced under warranty. Now what should I write to Fiat about such people.

With a heavy heart must say, Jaise karni, waise bharni (As you sow, so shall you reap). Have bad people to work for them, earn a bad reputation even if you technologically ahead of competitors.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 27, 2014, Original Post Date: Sep 27, 2014 ---
    During my visit to the workshop today happened to witness a strange way to promote Avventura by Balaji Fiat. They were distributing pamphlets of Avventura to all those visiting the workshop which anyway were few in number. When asked for a full fledged brochure, they admitted of not having one themselves. The copy which they had was the one provided during the training.

During the casual discussion with the CRM, I was shocked to learn that only one technician i.e mechanic from Balaji Fiat is trained on Avventura. Even the electrical person couldnt make it to the training.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 27, 2014 ---
    Mods Sorry for the back to back posts. If a thread exists on 500L, then pls merge.

One best thing that happened to my Fiat workshop visit today was the spotting of the 500L which was there for regular servicing and suspension work. The car looks so small in comparison but what lies underneath the hood differentiates it from others. The clean dashboard was a treat to see. The two door hatch has the doors open wider tha n the normalThe over flaring of the rear wheel arches was annoying as it would be a big nuisance in the traffic. One of the SA's told that the rear bumper was a modified one and the car is a PIA when it comes to hoisting over ramps. Belongs to a rich guy from Mumbai (of course no other details ere disclosed). Pics attached.

P_20140927_114130.jpg

P_20140927_113859.jpg

P_20140927_113909.jpg

P_20140927_113924.jpg

P_20140927_113947.jpg

P_20140927_113959.jpg

P_20140927_114012.jpg

P_20140927_114032.jpg

P_20140927_114051.jpg

P_20140927_114111.jpg
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
    naruf1 likes this.
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    The issues dont seem to end I guess in my case. Two new issues identified.
    1) The HU On/Off knob seemed to have popped out. I observed this today morning on my way to office. Does this need the HU to be removed and the knob fixed back or is there some way of putting it back myself?
    2) The plastic connection on the fuel refuelling lid which snap fits seems to have developed a crack. Observed during refuelling today. Would the complete refueller lid would have to be replaced? Or do I need to use Feviquik for that temporary fixing so that the crack doesnt increase. The lid now snap closes with a little difficulty.

Anyone faced this issue?