1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mamma Mia - White Stallion rides home - BNW Grande Punto MJD emotion.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by ghodlur, Jul 9, 2013.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Visited the Balaji Fiat workshop, Thane for replacing the spares which were balance during the 1st year servicing. The rubber bushings for the rear springs which had been cracked were replaced under warranty. Also replaced was the front left quarter glass plastic beading which costed me Rs 40. Pics attached.

20140628_104514.jpg

20140628_101109.jpg

20140628_101117.jpg

The underbody anti rust coating pics which I had recently got done from 3M.

20140628_101214.jpg

20140628_101222.jpg

20140628_101231.jpg

20140628_101241.jpg

20140628_104326.jpg

20140628_104359.jpg
    2 people like this.
  2. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    I believe that rubber bushing is called thrust ring. Can you confirm? I got them replaced in my 2012 Punto. I complained a creaking noise while moving slowly over bumps and pot holes.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Well, I was told they are called rubber bushings. They may be called thrust ring as you said, will try to get the correct part name.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Had got the wheel alignment and balancing done for the Punto at Premji Trye plus in Thane. Also tyre rotation was done. Total cost Rs 600/- as against 800 charged otherwise since I had been given a discount for a card which I had got for filing N2 in the tyres.

I could notice that the front toe readings were way too outside the required limit. I will try to upload the scanned copy of the alignment, maybe experts can help understand the reasons for the same.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Wheel Alignment experts,

need your inputs. Have attached the WA report of my Punto which was recently done. I have noticed that the front left and right toe readings were way out before the alignment. Even the Rear right toe readings were above the usual range. Any particular reason for the same, what could have caused such huge variations?

View attachment WAWB 28062014.pdf

BTW noticed one ad of Michelin at the tyre shop, anybody want to try their luck.

20140628_120458.jpg
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    An update.

Got the PUC done for the car, costed 120/- with a validity of 6 months.

It took almost 4 trips to the petrol pump to finally get the PUC done. Most of the bunks are hesitant in doing the PUC for the diesel cars, they prefer petrol cars which is less labour intensive and time consuming. As per them, Diesel cars need additional time plus two people involved. Since this was the first time PUC was being done in my car observed a few things.
    1) Power connections for the meter used for measurement was taken from the battery but was used for rpm. It seems many a times the meter doesnt detect the idle rpm due to coatings on the battery terminals
    2) The RPM was raised for about 6 times as per the directions on the meter. A sensor was put in the exhaust pipe.
    3) The readings were printed post the checks. The total time taken for the job was 15 mins plus 5 mins for arrangement.
  7. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    How do they measure the engine rpm by simply connecting to battery? Can you elaborate on that part?
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Beats me too. Couldnt exactly find out the arrangement since I was all the time inside the car. The technician asked me to open the bonnet and upon my asking told me he is going to connect to the battery terminals. He then came up with hand held terminal where he showed me the rpm which was less than 1K as per the device's requirement. It was 870 rpm during engine idling. I saw him proceeding with installing a sensor in the exhaust, I guess maybe the sensor must be connected in some way to the hand held meter to record the rpm and the battery was used to power the instrument.
  9. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    May be it's a device of the kind Handheld Tachometer | PCE Instruments
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Saw this on Fiat India website. Has anyone done this? Looks like it is for the new HU design for the newer Linea & Punto Evo.

Radio software update 1.jpg
    Radio software update 2.jpg
    1 person likes this.