1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mamma Mia - White Stallion rides home - BNW Grande Punto MJD emotion.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by ghodlur, Jul 9, 2013.

1. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    All the best for your future mile munching ghodlur!! Congrats for completing 1 year!
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Since the first service revealed that Fiat workshop isnt going to be of any help as far as the underbody protection is concerned, decided to get it done from 3M. Visited the 3M shop in Thane and got the 3M anti rust underbody coating done. The product comes with 5 yr warranty and two checkup/top ups per year. Along with that an UV protection done free which was nothing but usual wash + waxing. The entire process lasted for 3 hrs and costed me Rs 3.8K in total incl taxes. The staff at 3M were very helpful and proactive, took the vehicle immediately for the job and assured of a call when the job was over which they did promptly. All in all a wonderful experience. As usual Mr Shesahdri was in usual best.

Couldnt click of the underbody pics as there were cars waiting for the ramp usage. It was pretty crowded on a saturday.

While moving out of the 3M showroom enquired the cost of the 3M vinyl wraps, it was 300 per sqft. Was thinking of getting the red vinyl wraps for the OVRM's. Is this the correct cost?
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  3. narenvaidee

narenvaidee Timido

chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi Ghodlur,

I just did the underbody (5-yr) + foam wash for my Punto on Saturday (@3M, of course). Came to around 4k with taxes. I wasn't given the UV protection option as freebie, but was quoted around 1k for foam wash + UV protection. Well, the UV protection, I was told, will hold for about 2 months. So, wasn't interested. Would rather get hold of a good wax and apply it myself. However, the 3M experience was good.
    1 person likes this.
  4. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Congrats on your happy 1st year ownership :) You should be lucky to get 3.5 yrs standard warranty ;)

Anyway, regarding the filter elements, it's again the bad terminologies used in the DMS of FIAT. Item (4) "Air filter" is actually the AC pollen filter and item (5) "filtering element" is the engine air filter. We have to some how take this up to Fiat, for these confusing spare names.
    1 person likes this.
  5. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Girish,

I got the front brake callipers, rear brake drums and OVRMs painted in Red from RS Motors over the weekend.
    For OVRMs, I was charged 600 INR. Wrap is fine, but nothing like a fresh coat of paint and RS Motors paint job is fantastic.

Unfortunately, the fuel guage gave way yesterday and car is with Balaji now. I will post some pics as soon as I get it back.
    Then you can decide whether to go for wraps or paint :)

Cheers
    2 people like this.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    One strange observation today is when I switch on the main head lamps, the HU and AC displays are dimmed sufficiently. It feels like the head lamps are draining more battery or so. Is this correct? Any one experienced this.?
  7. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    I thought it's a feature. Whenever the Headlights or park lamps are turned ON, the car understands that it's about to get dark and so reduces the brightness of displays to avoid strain to eyes. Just like the ambient light sensor in smartphones which reduces the display brightness to save power and also for comfortable viewing when it reads less lumens.
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  8. narenvaidee

narenvaidee Timido

chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    No need to worry about it. That's a feature by default. The car thinks that since you're switching on the headlights, it's dark outside, and so it's better to keep the MIDs dimmed so that it doesn't become jarring when we drive in the night. That's a nifty feature, and not a power drain due to headlamps.
    1 person likes this.
  9. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Yes, ghodlur. Its indeed a feature as already detailed by naren and pdydeva.
  10. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    BUT....you can adjust brightness of MID...I just discovered this last month :cool: