1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mamma Mia - White Stallion rides home - BNW Grande Punto MJD emotion.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by ghodlur, Jul 9, 2013.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    That will be too much if now we have to get a certificate from Fiat. Its strange that Fiat provides underbody anti rust coating but not for the stone guard. This is the only piece of defence for the engine from the water, stones and what not. I will be writing to Fiat in this regards.

Frankly speaking Balaji are going from bad to worse:(. Wilson is among the few who still is sticking to the workshop but not for long I guess if this is the way Balaji Fiat continue to operate. The problem with Balaji guys is that they constantly need a stick from Fiat to get them moving. Sometimes I wish I should take over the day to day operations of the workshop atleast. ::D
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    A couple of pics of the stallion after the wash yesterday. Balaji did a fair job of cleaning the car.

20140420_154101.jpg

20140420_154039.jpg

20140420_154046.jpg
    4 people like this.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    The response did come but wasnt encouraging at all. Fiat it seems doesnt have any offers to buy back the spare 14" steel rim with tyre in exchange for the alloy wheel. If I have to buy the alloy wheel, then I need to buy the tyre too which means shelling out 5K + 4.5K making a total of 9.5K for the spare. I will then have to sell 14" steel rim with tyre which will fetch me what around 2-3K or more considering its unused. Which makes it a slightly costly affair to spend 6K on the spare wheel. What say guys??
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes the math is pretty right. Even in best offer with exchange you could still end up paying close to 6k or bit more for a brand new alloy+15" tyre.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    After the frustrating follow up with Balaji Fiat, Thane for the spares availability, finally dialled Mangesh Kodalkar and explained to him the situation. He immediately got the Balaji workshop Manager in conference who assured me of the call back in the next 10 mins. True to his words the Workshop manager called me and promised that the CRM guy will give me an update on the spares. CRM rep calls me and says that 2 out of 3 spares are available :uh and the third spare will be made available by Friday evening :chair:and that if I waited till Friday they will have a surprise in store for me:eek:. Now I am scared after hearing this but decided to wait till Friday so that all spares are replaced in one visit.

That left me thinking about the surprise. What could that be?:devilface Any ideas gents.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Maybe another free wash and interior cleaning. ::D
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Aseem,

Much more than that.

Visited the Balaji workshop y'day for the damaged items replacment. As usual Sandeep Singh the CRM greeted with a cheerful smile coz he was going to tell me the surprise. He alloted the car to a SA and the car went for the changes. The right side vent grill was the first to be replaced. Then came the rear wiper arm blade. Third was supposed to be the rear fog lamp but surprisingly the par wasnt available. Sandeep told me that Fiat (balaji or Fiat??) as a goodwill gesture has waived off the spares+ labour cost for the spares replaced. Now that was a surprise (or should it be?). Anyways with a external wash done, the stallion moved out with head held high.

During the visit, met TFIians kirenh aka Kiran who had come for front suspension issue & prit1486 aka Pritesh who had come for remote key, OVRM issue to resolve.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    While I was enjoying the car with the newly replaced spares, this thing had to happen:mad:. No clue as to how the thing broke. This is the left side A pillar plastic lining, felt a lot harder. Did it hardent due to the heat outside?

20140503_172506.jpg
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Logging into TFI after a long time and bumping my thread.

Was diagnosed with Vertigo problem and under complete bedrest, hence this was a forced rest for the Stallion as well. The pending fog lamp replacement was due and the CRM of Balaji Fiat kindly arranged for tech to visit my place for the rear fog lamp installation. But the odd place and inability to work properly below the rear bumper forced to quit the installation process. I will get it replaced during the yearly checks due in June 2nd week.

Need a help guys. Have been advised not tot take up driving atleast for a fortnight or more. Any link to source a good & reliable driver in Thane for my daily office runs?
  10. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Please ignore this post, accidentally posted on wrong thread.
    Last edited: May 19, 2014