1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mamma Mia - White Stallion rides home - BNW Grande Punto MJD emotion.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by ghodlur, Jul 9, 2013.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    For the past few days was browsing the 99 rpm website to know the part nos of the spares which I need to replace in my Punto. I am planning to get the Punto to the workshop to get the AC right vent on the dashboard & the rear wiper blade arm replaced but unable to find the part nos on the 99 rpm website. Can anyone confirm if they can see the said parts? Or are these parts no longer available on the website following the news that they have stopped stocking certain spares owing to difficulty in procuring.
  2. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Even I faced a similar issue with my AC few months back; it acutally happened 2-3 times within a span of 2 months and then everything is back to normal :cool:
    In the first instance, my co passengers were first to notice it and in the other 2 instances I noticed it. It was a very foul smell but it lasted only 5 minutes or so in all occasions. One more thing I noticed was that it the incident happened at the same spot twice, near the open drainage just after crossing the Mulund toll plaza, so I suspect somehow atmospheric air entered the cabin though my AC setting was set to air circulation mode.
    So, what were your observations? Did it happen at the same spot? More importantly, did it happen recently?

Cheers
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    You are spot on Girish. I had accidentally kept the blower on Fresh air mode when travelled till Mulund Check naka and because of the stench, the foul smell was very much evident inside the cabin. For the past few days switched on the AC when passing the stretch, now no one complains:up. Apart from this I got a new My Shaldon in the car which mask the smell if any.::D
  4. atrup

atrup Amatore

Kolkata
    Congrats

Congrats ... speaking from bottom of my heart ... the best hatch i drove so far in 6 - 8 lk range ... driving it for 5+ yrs and still in love with the butter smooth gear ... Very nice review :clap
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Spares stock unavailable at Balaji Fiat, Thane

Called up Balaji Fiat, Thane to enquire about the spares as I intended to visit the workshop during the weekend and surprisingly 2 out of 3 parts wasnt available and is on order for the past 3 weeks. The parts on order are ac air vent for Punto (Comp set), Rear Fog lamp set. The only product which they had was rear wiper arm blade. Its pitiful to know that the workshop doesnt stock 350 rs product and waits for it for more than 3 weeks:punch:firey. Hell, Ranjangaon is what 8 hrs to and fro drive from Thane:steering.

This is unbelievable. Should I write about this to Mangesh?
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I wanted an inner door panel screw hiding clip for the Linea, and guess what they sent the black ones instead of beige. That too the SC has to order 10pcs. in packet I was told. Now I am being told they probably dont have any in biege. :thumbs down to them. I think Mangesh must be overworked and overtaxed with the frequent botch up of Dealers and SCs and Fiat also.

Write to him. He is quick at forwarding the messages I guess. :lol: Can get the trivial jobs done as well, who knows.:confused:
    1 person likes this.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    on a lighter note, Fiat's spares warehouse is at Chakan, 2 hours less two and fro ;)
    2 people like this.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Thats precisely why I didnt want to add to his misery. I can live without the spares for a week or so.

I had mentioned in the Fiat FB page reg the non communication by Thane Fiat dealer reg the AC check up camp. Got a call from Fiat, Pune apologising for the inconvinience. I told them I am used to this since the past one year there have been more than three camps organized and not once did I get a call from the dealer. It was in the TFI forum that I learnt about the camps. I told the lady, TFI is leagues ahead when it comes to communicating the camp details as compared to Fiat India or its dealers. Even she agreed to it, saying she knew about the forum.::D
  9. arzala

arzala Timido

Vadodara
    Grande Punto 1.3
    After 1 year of ownership, having faced lot of niggling issues, I still believe that they have still old Jurassic mindset of handling customers. Their sales department has overall improved but dealership experience and service is still like "love me and hate me" at same time because of imbalance between sales and service departments. I meant to say that though they are willing replace faulty parts and fix niggling issues after selling a product, what is they point to sale products with such known issues.

I believe that no dealer is interested in selling Punto and Linea. They are all waiting for Jeeps and maybe Chrysler to give them good margin of money with smaller sales figures.

Fiat is going like Mitsubishi way where how greats products like Punto and Linea are mishandled by dealers and service. And in future they only remain as premium car dealers for Jeeps and Chryslers.
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    After the rant on the Fiat FB page and receiving a call from Fiat requesting the visit for the AC camp, decided to visit the workshop today afternoon at 2.30 pm assuming that I might be amongst the last few for the camp. To my horror, the workshop looked like a deserted cemetry, there was an eeire silence:( with a handful of people manning the workshop. I comforted myself saying that being a Sunday this might be the case. A SA was alloted for my car who asked me for any issues with the AC. I told him about the brief stenchy smell I experienced. The SA smiled, I couldnt understand the reason for that. Was my issue too naive? The car was put on the ramp. Underbody inspected. A 3M AC cleaner was introduced in the Ac vents (I assume that was the disinfectant). The blower speeds, AC cooling was inspected. But nowwhere any attempts to check the cooling gas nor any thing done to check for any leaks. The other basic checks were done like Oil, coolant, brake fluid levels were checked. Thats it. This was the AC check camp. Hats off to Fiat for organizing such a infomatory camp.:eek::punch(Camp my foot). The car went for a wash, came out looking good. That was the only solace of my trip to Balaji Fiat.