1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Malfunctioning AC fan "-"ve button

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Sou, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Sou

Sou Timido

Hyderabad
    I notice that the ac / fan "-" (decrease) button isnt working while the + works fine. So, I'm unable to decrease fan speed while I'm able to increase it. Everything else works perfectly on the ac cluster.

The advice of the Fiat service people: unable to find the root cause of the malfunctioning button. Suggest spending 20k and have the whole ac control component replaced. Silly!

Any alternative suggestions to get it fixed?
    Appreciate your suggestions.
    I drive a white 90hp mjd Punto.

If there is a thread on this already..point to it since I haven't found it.
  2. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    If its only the button, it should only cost a few quid.

Please escalate to senior people in FIAL.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is unique case I have seen, and service center answer is plain stupid.
    Tell them to contact Fiat for help, if they can't diagnose the issue themselves. Also, try other service center in your city.
  4. Sou

Sou Timido

Hyderabad
    Yes its only the one button. Anyone in fiat who I could call or email and expect to get replies on?
  5. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    I wrote to Mangesh Kodalkar mangesh.kodalkar AT fiat.com & Arun Rajput arun.rajput AT fiat.com.

Not sure if these ids still work.
  6. Sou

Sou Timido

Hyderabad
    The reply from FIAT

This seems to be a flag to everyone who might have electrical issues in the car. So here is last response from FIAT. :-(
    "Dear Mr. SouXXXX,

As explained by dealer ± button will not come separately. It is a integrated part in the AC control Unit.

So the AC control unit part need to be replaced.

Pl provide the approval for part replacement.

We will resolve the issue."
  7. SPSSM

SPSSM Timido

Gurgaon
    That should not be the case.

There must be some other way out. Its a simple control button.
  8. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Yuck.

Now FIAL is robbing us in broad daylight. If the console costs Rs. 20,000/- & it has to be changed for just one lousy button, FIAT is going to fail AGAIN in India. Now I see no future for you FIAT.
  9. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    This is the problem in todays elctronics. Every part comes in a module, so when a small resistor or capacitor etc burns out you need to replace the whole module instead of changing component. This is handy work of any electronic mechanic to solder a new SMD switch instead of whole AC control unit. Problem is how to open the unit.
    I had similar minor issue where my T-Jet's MID gone blank last year. I knew in from very 1st day that MID display chip is the culprit & need to swap, but I didn't mind when FIAT replace the whole instrument cluster under warrenty. What is bothering me is just for a few hundred rupees component, few thousands rupees need to spend
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. Sou

Sou Timido

Hyderabad
    FIXED!!

Thanks to Mr. Pandurangan, the Service Head of Ankitha FIAT,Hyd who took personal attention to my issue.. He took my ac component in for further inspection, found the problem and NOW IT's FIXED!! The ICU had to be replaced apparently and he got it done. Price - Rs.2500!!
    I've never experienced this kinda good treatment even in the US where the service head takes it in and gets it done!

Not just that there were other niggly problems like speaker vibration etc which the service station hadnt done properly, once he took interest everything was magically fixed.

Imagine that. All hope isn't lost.

PS: This is my first experience with Ankitha FIAT.

Cheers!
    3 people like this.