1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Making Galaxy TAB 7 inch as HU

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by naveen2cool, Jul 25, 2012.

1. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Hi everyone,

I got this weird idea of making my galaxy tab 7 inch as HU in my Punto. I'm a complete newbie to Car and ICE and would be happy to get the suggestions from experts here.

Advantages
    ------------

I can install torque and along with OBD2 it will be a treat for the eyes :) (OBD2 is in shipping)
    I can install Map My India Sygic and GPS will be ready
    I can play videos and music
    I can also take calls from TAB

I'm content with any of the 7 inch car dock for mounting the TAB. Please give your suggestions if there is any better alternative.
    $(KGrHqNHJBkE9!YpbLzpBPVMblyevg~~60_12.JPG

Now, how to connect the TAB to the speakers of the car? Should I be buying a amplifier or something?

P.S The current ICE set up in my car is stock.
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I had the same idea and worked on it for a few months , then gave it up...
    Here are the reasons..
    I had 'ARCHOS' a 10" android tab (not avialable in India as on date) . and i tried every way to integrate it into the dash board but it was not possible becuase punto/linea's dashborad has a weird design..
    If you're having a 7" tab then there is no way you can actually fit it into the dash board without blocking either the AC vents or other controls..

If you go in for on dashboard mounts then it might obstruct you're visibility. ( You're only solution would be to have a roof mount but that will obscure you're rear visibility.

If you're car has AUX in then simply connect it to AUX and you're good to go.
  3. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    connect it via USB
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Few options for connectivity

1. Get an amplifier, connect it to Car audio system and then take audio out from pad to amplifier.
    2. Look at the back of the HU, and your ISO pin configurations, there is mic in line, if its working on your HU, then you can joy ride over it. (Read Blaukpunt THA 555 Amp thread for more details on ISO pin configuration)
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    I heard that technorat can modify your dash to fit double din HU. Why don't you contact those folks.
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Teky more info please.. I"m also interested in this
  7. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    hey Teky, this sounds intresting! Can you provide some more details please?
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    These guys are based in Nungambakkam and they have done double DIN conversion costing about 6K including the fascia plate. It involves removing your emergency indicator switch along with the dummy switches and moving them into the cooling glass holder above that. You'll have to be specific regarding the HU and they will make a custom fit for it.

You guys can PM Bullet or vigneshram - IIRC Bullet is also trying to get double DIN conversion done at Tecnokrat.
    1 person likes this.