1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Major issues after 2nd service

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by drgopusankar, Apr 3, 2012.

1. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut

Concord is too much crowded I think. If thats the case mistakes like this can happen. few days back I went there for a check up , SA took the car for test drive and said not much problem with the car, and too much vehicles are there for the service so better to come on another day...

this was my experience with Concord cochin.
  2. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    This is not only with Concorde or FIAT. This crowd or rush is happening in all places. FIAT tops it as we cannot service them outside the service center easily. If you notice, there are no new service stations increased at the rate of increase in vehicles. Chennai had VST - mount road, Concorde ECR + Ambattur, Tafe - Greams Road, Booma Auto for servicing. In the last three years only two or three additional have been opened. Compare this against the kind of sales these guys do. This leads to Chaos and inefficiency in work.
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ dr

Leakege of coolent in starter motor near EGR is right.

But alternator is complete opposite side of coolent hose of EGR.

So what is relation between damage of starter motor with damage of alternator?
  4. dear bhai,, what do you trhink??.. have they caused a short circuit while repair of coolant leak?
  5. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut

Yep thats very much true. but strange thing is that for Tata vehicles lot of service stations are there. Only few can accommodate fiat vehicles.. So for Tata car owner has different options that he can choose less crowded service center ... but Fiat owner doesnt have choice. thats all about JV .
    1 person likes this.
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

I have seen a Punto's during underbody inspection at workshop when i went there during first service. It's radiator joint was leaked & coolant was seeping through. Since Raditor is very well covered, it took 2-3 Hrs of intense check up to spot out where exactly coolant was leaking. I also got involved in the scene as it was good learning.

The coolant was leaking only when vehicle is driven & Raditor is heated at extreme. In normal situation, there was no leakage:confused. May be due to the pressure of steam created inside Radiator. When it starts leaking, it doesn't matter where Radiator was, the coolant was reaching everywhere as underbody cover acts as a fantastic medium for it to reach to distant parts. Once radiator picks up heat, it absolutely made whole car wet & dripping from below with-in 5 mins.

So everything going "Kaput" in your car can be owed to this. I would advise to get yourself involved during underbody inspection. Check the radiator particularly. The leaked radiator in that car had no sign of underbody impact or even a scratch. They replaced it under warranty. Moreover, do you see any fluid being deposited under your car in the morning?
    If it doesn't, try to get under it & check it above the underbody cover.

What so ever is the situation, pls spare 3-4 Hrs & get involved yourself to resolve it at TASS. There is some coolant leakage, no doubt. There is hardly 5 mm of coolant level loss in my 90 HP since i got it topped at first service (10000 KMs). It hadrly took 50-100 ml. of coolant to top it again. It shouldn't go anywhere what so ever. Best of luck!!