1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Major issues after 2nd service

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by drgopusankar, Apr 3, 2012.

1. [SUP]HELLO TFIians.

please help me out. I gave my vehicle for second free service to concorde cochin on march 28.. there was an issue of slight coolant loss which was noticeable every 2000 kms. SA told me they take some time to identify the loss, so I agreed .On 29 mar he called me and told that the leAK is near[/SUP] [SUP]the EGR valve and they want one more day to rectify the issue as it is difficult to reach the site of leak. next day he called and told me that vehicle is not ready and assured vehicle will be delivered on 31 march.

at last I got the vehicle after 4 days on march 31. I was happy to see her in good health and vibrant looks. when I turned the ignition, it failed to crank.. SA told me that don't worry, this is bcoz battery has been drained out after 4 days,it will be ok after you drive a few kms. and again he attempted to crank and it succeeded. I went to my cousins home to see the new linea he purchased... after one hour with cousin, I decided to go back home and turned the ignition on...alas.....MY PUNTO HAS NO LIFE.. CALLED SA..he told ..don't worry..the BREAKDOWN TEAM WILL COME AND SAVE YOU.. after one and a half hour they came and with the help of battery started the vehicle.. advised me not to stop it again.. I have to travel 70 kms to reach home...they advised me to drive the car with dim light and without AC. on reaching home, i idled the car for 15 minutes as told by them and switched off the engine.. after 10 minutes again attemted to start the car and I was happy that it started with out any second thought.. I opened the hood and and shocked to see that the coolant has gone below half the reservoir capacity...called SA,,he had no idea.////?????????????

next day he called me and said that it is due to air in coolant system and after some kms it will get stable...advised just to top it up with the coolant that the technician had kept in my dicky.he told me that technician had forgotten to remind me of this when i came there for taking delivery of vehicle.

then I topped it up,, and we went for erumely,,a place 100 kms away from my home.. no problems until I reached there.. after lunch I started the vehicle and shocked to find that vehicle is dead... SA had no idea.. no help from RSA...atlast an embarrassed me in front of my family,relatives and public, decided to jump start the vehicle in second gear..there was no other way.. reached home..switched off the engine..tried to crank again... NO USE..

MONDAY I WENT TO CONCORDE WITH MY VEHICLE......SA TOOK THE VEHICLE... AFTER 2 HOURS HE CALLED ME AND TOLD MY STARTER AND ALTERNATOR IS DAMAGED.....

ALTERNATOR WILL BE REPLACED UNDER WARRANTY.. STARTER IS NOT WITH THEM..TAKES 2 WEEKS TIME...THEN IT WILL ALSO BE REPLACED...

8 MONTHS OLD VEHICLE....NO PROBLEMS WITH IT OTHER THAN SLIGHT COOLANT LOSS.. ON THE DAY OF DELIVERY AFTER SECOND SERVICE..... PROBLEMS CROPPED UP...

PLEASE HELP ME OUT... AM VERY MUCH TENSE AND EMBARRASSED..........HOW TO PROCEED FURTHER...

.[/SUP]
    there may be grammatical and spelling mistakes as I was in a hurry as I am in my clinic and patients are waiting...pardon me
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Sad to hear this!

What did they do at the workshop that both the Alternator and the starter conked off ! :shock:

Hope the issues are resolved soon.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Why dont you write an email to FIAT people ?
    How come that much damage ? what did they do ?
    Many questions to be raised.Might be service guys are not much aware about their job.
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Man this is scary - That's why keep saying ignore minor issues and keep driving on if they fix themselves. Sometime these ASC's screw the car without knowing what they are doing. Dr. - Please chase up with them regarding the parts, they should be able to source it from another authorized Fiat ASC.
    1 person likes this.
  5. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Sorry to hear this... hope its sorted out as soon as possible..
    my 15k service is almost due and i have booked a service date for next Monday.. hope they don't mess anything up in my ca...
  6. Gopu ,
    No matter what .. Write a mail to FIAT higher officials with all these details .. and follow up with concord for the parts .. Hope and wish that the issue gets resovled soon ..
    Scared to take our car to service centers even for the regular service itself ..

Ajit
  7. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    This is really bad service from Concorde. My advice would be to write a mail to Fiat explaining in detail all that you have faced including the "satisfaction feedback" they got out of you. But do that in a peaceful mail and may be suggesting Fiat that they train their technicians better to provide proper support to Fiat owners. In my experience a toned down letter will have a stronger effect and better response than an angry mail shot off in a hurry.
  8. hello friends,

got my beauty back in perfect condition at 11.30 am today.. they have replaced the alternator assembly under warranty. starter not in stock. so they have fitted a standby starter..assured me once they get the stock, will replace soon.. I am happy that I got my vehicle back .. when I asked for clarification of the damage..they told me that the leak was from a hose near the EGR valve... which is going above the starter motor. so slowly water trickled down into the motor...short circuit...finally damaging the alternator also...

BUT THE HELL THING HAPPENED AT THE SERVICE CENTRE..:confused::confused: COOLANT HAS BEEN LEAKING SINCE 7200 KMS.. NOW MY VEHICLE HAS CLOCKED 15000 KMS.I suppose that while trying to repair the coolant leak they caused water to trickle down into the starter and caused damage.. what do you people think???

eventhough I am now relaxed.a bit. , not yet free from emotional trauma and the embarrassment I suffered for 3 days..:eek:
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  9. maverick

maverick Amatore

Concorde does a good job, I have been servicing my Punto from there for the last one year. Touchwood never faced any issues. Even in this case I think they gave the car back with a spare starter motor at the earliest possible time. Yes I can understand the difficulty faced by Dr. but lets give Concorde a benifit of doubt.

Sent from my iPhone
  10. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    This might be slightly off-topic but after my first free-service, I never got any calls asking for feedback on the service. I had certain issues with the service and hoped to give a piece of my mind when I was called for feedback. Now my second free service is approaching, later in the month. I am sure even this time there would be no feedback queries.