1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Major Issue- Crack developed in front windshield in 5 month old Punto dynamic

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by ashishmalviya27@gmail.com, Nov 6, 2014.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Vipin Nauni Please read through the test quoted from one of the internet website which best describes the situation you are in presently. I would suggest to not pursue the issue with Fiat India coz it will only lenghten the discussion. Best way is to claim Insurance and get the faulty windshield replaced ASAP. I hope you have a zero dep add on for your insurance, this way your contribution will be minimum.

2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Vipin Nauni I am not sure what explanation Service Center has given you and why are they not accepting it a defect, which it looks so with your details.
    May be you can try to write details to Mr Mangesh, assuming you have already written for Fiat service.
  3. Vipin Nauni

Vipin Nauni Timido

Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ghodlur: I thank you for sharing reasons of windshield crack. It has further strengthen my case. Temperature change / structural weakness could be reason. Fiat can not claim for pressure difference as as no explosion took place when i was cleaning my car:):):).

Its Fiat responsibility to design car and all its component for all weather condition and install them correctly or they should write clearly in their brochure that car to be used only when the temperature is within a range and convey same to customer at the point of purchase.
    I could have claimed insurance if windshield was hit by external object which is not the case. As a customer if faulty or inferior quality material is installed on car, its company responsibility to change that part and if company doesn't accept it, its consumer right to fight for it.

@Ravi: Could you please share the contact of Mr Mangesh if its available with you. I am not getting lousy response from fiat service center.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    mangesh.kodalkar at fiat dot com
  5. acechip

acechip Superiore

The so-called toughened glass is just developing into layers of of pop art in our office. Now, this is a huge standing structure, and most of the cracked glass is lined inwards (not exposed to external elements) .Yet almost every other day, I see cracked glass panels. A year ago, one panel transformed into million pieces just absolutely overnight in my cabin! I had to vacate it for the fear of it collapsing in a heap (it was against my seat back).
    And this cannot be material issue if it happens to about 100 plus panels in 2-3 months. There are obviously some thermalstress forces at work here.
    While I do not condone Fiat in any way, they may not always be the culprit for every such problem. I have seen this happen to other cars as well. A Zen in our parking lot also has this issue.
  6. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    This is not because of windshield quality... someone or something has hit you windscreen and it would have started as a small crack at the corner of the glass... Best thing to do... take it to windshield expert and they will fix a new Windshield under insurance.
  7. Belive it or not.. it was not due to someone or something has hit the windscreen.. its like when we pour hot water in glass tumblers it crack.. But in this case the water was not hot water .. crack developed in front of his eyes
  8. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    I think there are some issues with the quality,

Some time back in my car too fog lamp glass developed cracks,

It happened cause they were lit and my car went though a lot of water,

In the monsoon, and finally when I though of complaining,

I came to know about too much hassle with fiat,

So I claimed insurance and got the front bumper replaced as well,

Got one side foglamp replaced under insurance and for other I paid.

But I would like to tell everyone that FASS people were saying,

That the car is hit, I wanna know how can it get hit both the sides at a time,

But still if it has got hit (for once if I agree),

Why didn't it got replaced under insurance claim.

My point is if it's not hit then I had right to get them in warranty.

Or if both were hit in a single incidence then too,

I had right to get them in insurance claim.

But in the end I paid for one fog lamp, which is a bitter truth.
  9. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    There are two possibilities:
    1. A small crack on the corner wen unnoticed for a long time... and one fin day the Glass gave up....
    2. You get any film installed on your wind screen... the guy did some damage while heating the film with the blower...

Anyways you will need to take the car to replace the windshield ..so try your luck...may be FASS will succumb to your pressure.
  10. Good news, Fiat has agreed to change the windscreen under warrenty. Vipin was contineously negotiating with them and finally they accepted that it might be a quality issue