1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Major flaw in MRF ZLOs !!

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by sunswape, Aug 18, 2012.

1. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    There you go. I did ask for the status of your tyres here.

Audio from my dashcam. While the noise is always there, it is clearly audible between 40-50 sec when i am slowing down. Ignore the rattles from the cam holder.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  2. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi!,

I tried to listen to the sound in the above clip and felt it might be similar to the sounds which I get while driving down from Charoti to Manor or some patches between Manor & Wada. These sounds are sometimes very high that the first time I felt as if somethings wrong with the car. These sounds are always on TAR roads and the same spot :) irrespective of the tyre. Please check if you all hear at the same spot always.

Regards

Kiran
  3. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

This particular noise exists in only 195/60 R15 tire. Other sizes are all noise free, saw two different size zlos on two different cars and both were silent. The stock 195/60 R15 tire will generate this irritating noise for sure. So beware if anyone wanting to go for ZLOs, Thou tire is very good. Comfortable and grippy (had these for 40k)
  4. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

I have the same size tyres and the same noise. Later found out my rims were bent. I got the bend reduced by using a hammer, sound reduced.

Yesterday I finally swapped the bent rim with a new one and the sound has totally disappeared. Looks like the ZLOs are noisy when used with bent rims.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  5. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Done 35K on the ZLO's so far. The weird whirring (bearing type) noise persists. Looks like the tyres might last another 10-15K more but i'll probably get them changed after doing 5k more.

These will be the first and last MRF tyres on my car. Peace ;)
  6. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Which tyres are you planning to buy next? Yokohomas?
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Not yet decided. May be yoko earth1's based on reviews when i decide to buy. Target is to get something around the price of the earth1, can't afford the "Premium" ones. :mrgreen:
  8. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore
    I've been using the ZLOs since 20K km and never faced the humming issue.
  9. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

I now get the humming noise being discussed at speeds of 30-50KMPH. Cant hear it before or after.

I've learnt to ignore and live with the noise, a minor irritation but I cannot ignore the unparallelled amount of grip that is available from these tyres!
    2 people like this.