1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Major flaw in MRF ZLOs !!

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by sunswape, Aug 18, 2012.

1. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes it is pretty noisy in 30-60 kmph range.Once you surpass 60 kmph this noise vanishes.But in city like Delhi you barely cross 60 kmph in traffic,hence this noise is real pain and am not liking ZLO because of it.

Otherwise this tire is good.Using it from past 10k.I was reading it elsewhere that this humming noise is from some sort of bearing.Dont know how true.
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    I personally went on a td with the mechanic when tyres from another car were installed and there was no humming. Don't put any more doubts in my head now ;).

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  3. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    I had the same issue with my punto active . I had 195 60 R 15 . I went for a test drive with teh engineer and he heard teh noise and immediately said , its teh tyres nothing wrong with bearing or anything . He then took me for a test drive in another punto with same size tyres but another brand , I think it was good years , the usual tyre noise was there but no humming . And then we went for another test drive in another punto with my tyres on it and we were able to reproduce the noise . Doesnt impact the performance . Just that the noise is irritating at low speeds , vanishes once you cross 70 -80 kmph .
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    The noise actually does not vanish beyond a certain speed but the humming noise rate increases with tyre speed and it becomes a continues zzzzzzz sound at those speeds and the human ear cannot perceive it.

I think you guys have not reached the worse state yet. Earlier only i used to be able to make out the sound in my car, nowadays everyone in the car is able to hear. I'm having to keep the volume up to avoid people noticing it.

Until friday i was thinking it's some bearing, but now that i know it is the tyres, it has become very irritating.
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  5. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Zlos has mixed reviews bending more towards negative side.I removed them from my list.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Anna,
    Go for Yoko AVS DB
    1 person likes this.
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    don't have $$ for another set of zlo too.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk
  8. vikastwister

vikastwister Novizio

Noida
    Try this tyre on yamuna expressway, and let us know about the noise there. I have continental tyres of 185/R14/ profile tyre in my punto. These tyres are on silent side. But when ever I take my car on yamuna expressway, tyre noise is like when a plane get landing or take off. so some times even road is the culprit, due to which tyre makes noise.
  9. My car is currently running on ZLO. I had the exact noise in speeds below 60 KMPH. It is kinda irritating. It has been 1 year and 25000 Kms on the Odo and I am tired of this tyre. Still the threads can go for another 10 -15 K but I am thinking of changing.
    1 person likes this.
  10. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Absolutely agree with you. Even in chennai, i notice that I get different noise of my Yoko As when the texture of the road changes. It depends on the difference in the type of blue metal and the fineness of the bonding of the tar and blue metal. More tar will make it less noisy and if the bonding is coarse it will result in noise.

Abdul