1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Major flaw in MRF ZLOs !!

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by sunswape, Aug 18, 2012.

1. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

I have been experiencing a irritating humming noise front front tires from quite sometime in ny Punto mjd. The sound came just after I switched to MRF zlos. Got tires changed from crappy jks to ZLOs just after 200kms. Everything was as per reviews, zlo is really a very good tire. Grippy, noiseless and really complimented the handling and ride quality of Punto. But there is a humming noise, just like a busted/faulty bearing which comes at around 30kmph till 45kmph and after that is gradually decreases to a great extent. First i thought bearing has gone kaput or its some other problem with the car itself. Showed it to Satluj Motors (mandi, himachal). As expected they showed least interest and never bothered to check anythin properly. Then after using for atleast 5500kms, took car to Banarasi Dass automobiles, panchkula. They addresses the problem quite well and it took them just 15mins to find the actual fault. It was the tires. To confirm, made them change all four tires with another punto's tires and problem was solved. It was all because of zLOs.
    There is a member here and on teambhp, who are facing exactly same problem.
    So guys, before opting for ZLOs, do check if its making humming noise or not.
    Other members using ZLO please share your experience with zlos. Anyone else also who is facing the same problem ?
    1 person likes this.
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Facing the same issue. Acknowledged here
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    1 person likes this.
  4. varun pandit

varun pandit Amatore

dehradun
    facing same problem with yokohama s drive in my punto.fass said, the bearings are ok,noise is cmmng frm tyres nd not from bearings.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    How does one do this?
    Is the tyre design i.e the grooves causing this humming sound?
    So what are the options with the owners who have MRF tyres on their Punto? Replace them?
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Channa you comments on ZLOs please as you are using it on your Palio 1.6 Sport.
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    I definitely didnt have the humming noise until 18-20 k.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk
  8. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

If anybody wanting to go for ZLO, just dont get 195/60 R15 size (stock for Punto). That particular size is prone to have this flaw. Rest all sizes are quite and flawless. Recently ran 205/60 r15 and these was no sign of any such sound. Silent and perfect.
  9. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    It's been a year since I am using 195/60/14 pattern on Palio 1.6 sports.

I have covered almost 7k and I am very happy with the grip that it offers. It had performed exceptionally well in both dry and wet conditions.

Only issue is noise level, little high compared to Michs. But at almost 1k less I find these VFM.

Sent from my ✈✈ using Tapatalk
  10. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391220221.893876.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391220257.742319.jpg

Sent from my ✈✈ using Tapatalk