1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Maintenance cost of non fiat cars

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by sungoa2010, Oct 30, 2012.

1. sungoa2010

Please use this thread to discuss the maintenance cost of non fiat cars.
    This can be the cost of your second car which is non fiat or it can be an second hand information from your relative or friends or it can be a link to some information on other forums where such data is maintained. The purpose is for us to know where our Fiat stands in terms of maintenance coast.

I just asked my colleague who own a POLO 1.2 Petrol and he told his 2nd service(one year) cost was 8.5K. I will work out the total maintenance cost for my alto and will post it here.
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
    3 people like this.
  2. sungoa2010

Maintenance cost of my Alto LXI2005-2012
    Total years used : 7 years
    Total KMS : 40.5K

Actual usage by me: 40K-8K = 32K

Total amount paid for all maintenance at service station: 56.5K INR (All service/running repair done at dealership service station)
    Alignment and Balancing done at :MRF Tyredrome chennai/Goa : I don't have the details now. Minimum amount will be 5*500=2500
    4 tyres changed cost was 9K(MRF).

Total cost = 68000 INR

Maintenance cost = 1.68 rupees/km OR 9714/year

For calculation I have used total kms on ODO(40.5 K) instead of 32K which was actually used by me since I was a second owner. But this will not change the figure since when I received the car it had already used 2 free service which for alto at that time was negligible.
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  3. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Maruti Suzuki Zen ( Nov 2004 ) : 7th Year Paid Service - ~10,000Rs
    1 person likes this.
  4. sungoa2010

Can you give a rough value of
    1. Total paid for maintenance(including tyres) for 7 years
    2. Odo reading
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

My earlier petrol Swift cost me Rs.6000 for every 6 months routine service.
    Cielo we had earlier owned(the company was operational then) cost me only Rs.18,000 for the entire 8 and a half ownership(inclusive of the cost of the tires changed).'
    Linea(diesel)costs me around 10 k plus for every year routine service
  6. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Sorry Mate , That time I'm small therefor I'm saved any Service history Paper ( Nor My Dad too )!!! But We Never changed Tyre ( yup, we Sold our ZEN with STOCK tyres after 7 Years , 8 Months )
    Stock tyres was Bridgestone ( with tube) , only one pancture till date ( at village side )
    Max Person seated in car : 8 persons - 5 adult and 1 child (5-8 years ) and 2 mid size child ( 14-15 years ) ( me and my cousin ;) ) in Boot !!
    7 Person - All Are adult. :eek:( at my cousin wedding time )
    And ODO was - 30320 Km's
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  7. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Maruti 800 - since 2006 approx cost of paid service 2.8k, twice in a year i dn't have the servcie receipts lost it during tansit (shifting home) approx - 40 k
    Santro GLS - since 2010 approx 5k for a paid service, i once paid for the damage during an accident front bumper, headlamps costed - 11k .. Total cost : 26 k
    Indica DLS - Since 2004 approx 1.5 k for a paid service, i used to get the oil and filters myself and get it serviced at the local garage .. Total cost: 30 k
  8. Maintanence cost of my Maruti Suzuki Baleno 2007 model:

Total number of years used: 5 years
    Total number of kms driven: 1,21,384 Kms

Total maintanence cost: Rs 1,15,000 (approx) (this includes servicing cost, running repairs & tyre replacement)

Approx average cost of one paid service is around Rs 3400 (at authorized Maruti service stations)

Servicing cost of Baleno is not much but the spare parts are damn expensive,

Brake booster with master cylinder: Rs 26000 where as it costs around Rs 8000 for maruti Sx4
    Pair of head lights: Rs 24000
    Front bumper: Rs 12500
    Rear bumper: Rs 11000
    Side ORVMs: Rs 9500 (one piece)
  9. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

My Palio maintainence in three years, 32K Sold: 40K (Including tyre replacement, regular service, one breakdown due to running gear fault)

Linea had more visits than Palio due to part replacements under warranty :) Two services done and only oil replacement bills till date ~8K
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Buddy, this is the thread for discussing maintenance cost of NON-FIAT cars. :)
    2 people like this.