1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Maintaining Diesel Engine

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Subhendusc, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I have got a new Avventura - Exotica Red. Till today it has run only 91 km.
    I am planning to go for a long drive from Kolkata to Bilaspur about 850 km.
    What should be my speed limit considering a new engine. Can I drive at 100 kmph?

With my old petrol engine , i was advised not to go above 70 kmph till 250 km. Is there any rule with diesel engine?

After what km will i get an efficient diesel consumption?
    Masum Reza likes this.
  2. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Keep the RPM below 2500 for the first 1000 kms and avoid sudden acceleration and braking.

Also, it is always better to idle the engine for 30 seconds after starting it and before turning it off.
    Rev Happy Turbo likes this.
  3. nethan

nethan Amatore

Bangalore
    Fabrication of olden days engines required seasoning / settling period due to unavailability of modern technology. Modern engines are fabricated / built to the highest precision and accuracy; hence seasoning and settling period for modern engines are just a myth because every engine undergoes a rigorous and extensive automated test before assembled into the car. IMHO there there is no cap limit for RPM as mentioned above for modern engines. No matter how old your car or how many KM's you've clocked, it's always best not to abuse the engine for hassle - free performance.

Drive responsibly and enjoy your ride.:)
    Masum Reza likes this.
  4. Masum Reza

Masum Reza Novizio

Kolkata
    Linea 1.3
    100 to 120 is fine till 1500kms. Change your mobil from service center after 2000kms then follow fiat specified schedule.Congratulations for the fiat avvy.