1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mahindra xylo mini

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by jishnu, Jun 20, 2011.

1. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Will be posting mini xylo pics and details tomorrow.
    Cheers,
    Jishnu
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Mahindra Developing New 1.2 Liter Diesel Engine

Mahindra is developing a mini-SUV (codenamed: S101), which will be launched by mid-2012. The mini-SUV could be the Xylo hatchback which has been undergoing various tests across the length and breadth of our country. The company is developing an all new 1.2 liter, 3-cylinder diesel engine for the upcoming vehicle, which would have a front-wheel drive layout. An optional 4-wheel drive would be offered too. Expect power figures to be around 60 odd bhp with decent torque and very good fuel efficiency. The Premier Rio will soon meet its match.
  3. I heard Premier Rio is getting 1.3 Mjd engine is that right? if yes it's great mistake what FIAT is doing.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Can't help but laugh at the prospect of a 4 wheel drive vehicle being powered by a 1.2 litre 3 cylinder engine.

Mahindra should stick to front wheel drive for this car in my opinion.

Gurjinder.
  5. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    First the Polo then the Beat and now the Xylo mini getting a 3 cylinder engine!! What on earth are these manufacturers thinking?? Diesels always suffer NVH levels on the higher side and by introducing the 3 cylinder engine the NVH cud not get less.Again this would suffer like the Polo i guess.
  6. had driven a polo diesel some time back. you really need the clutch to make it past the 2200rpm to get the power.its so sluggish.
    hope not the same with the mini xylo.
    heard this is a chopped down version of the m-hawk engine they have. is this true??
  7. Simple cost savings they get when one cylinder and it's associated components are less,VW is sticking to it's 3 cylinder strategy.
    may be little better FE.
  8. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    People i've got all the details!!! Includinf pics too!! it's a 1.5 L block with 70Hp hp, 3 cylinders!! :)
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @jishnu

Dude you are delaying posting the info just like India TV! :p They keep saying this and that and never the real thing.

Post up in one go. With all details etc etc. It'll save on the unneccesary post count also.

Gurjinder.
  10. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    With all due respect to Mahindra, this looks downright lousy choice. IMHO such an engine is suitable only for Alto and WagonR type vehicles - light weight, and small.. Anything bigger, and it is bound to create nuisance for other road users like tractors on the expressway.