1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mahindra XUV500

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by kedarbendre, Sep 28, 2011.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I seriously hope FIAT reads this. For most Linea owners who think of an upgrade within their reach, FIAT provides no options!And I don't see anything coming in near future. Even I have XUV5OO in mind, provided there is no other offering in the market at the time of decision making.
    1 person likes this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    XUV5OO fever seems contagious.

Wake up Fiat, wake up. Bring in Linea 1.6 and an SUV.
    3 people like this.
  3. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Sad that you have decided to sell your Linea, J Ravi sir. Anyway, the XUV is a good car and hopefully it will be a trusty companion in your future expeditions. Whoever buys your Linea will be one lucky guy. He'll get one of the most cared for car available in the used car market!

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
    2 people like this.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thank you, YB.

Just like FIAT and Royal Enfield thread! :)

Thanks a lot, Viny, Thulasidharan, Ramesh and Sam. For any business venture, customer retention and brand loyalty are important for its growth. FIAT India has less number of new customers as compared to its competitors and the existing customers have started migrating to the other brands, which will have adverse effect on its growth.

Thank you very much, prakhar_lfc, for the kind words and compliments.
    1 person likes this.
  5. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Very sad to hear that you are parting ways with your linea. Good to hear that you are moving to XUV...
    FIAT watch this space try bringing in an affordable SUV for common man.
    Ravi sir we are now waiting to see the XUV travelogue.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, harry_1407

Sure, the travel will continue and so is the travelogue. :)
    2 people like this.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sad to read your Linea is going away from you, but you are right, Fiat doesn't have any option to upgrade for Linea owners, and they don't seem to have any plan for near future.
    4 people like this.
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    FIAT India does not believe in customer retention, IMO. They are satisfied being the manufacturer of the national engine of India rather than the manufacturer of FIAT cars in India.
  9. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    I second that Ravi sir..But I am sad that you are moving from your Fabulous Linea,terribly sad :sadblue..I should say FIAT is responsible for not having any worthy upgrade like 500L or Freemont:chair:..Anyway Mahindra is lucky that it gets a worthy customer who is gonna take off XUV5oo sales with his "My Extraordinay XUV5oo'' thread:nicethread..Congratulations Ravi Sir :up
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Rightly said Raviji. I too have the same opinion. What option does a Punto and linea ownesr have? We have had it for 4 +years. Some become weary of the same equipment. Ideally Fiat should have thought in advance and tried to retain the existing flock of owners who are a ready market, and brought in the Duster type of vehicle from their stable for the Puntoers and brought in the Viaggio to upgrade the Lineas. Cosmetic upgrades and refresh are necessary for the new market only and not for the segment migrating existing loyal owners who wouldnt like to repeat the similar version. To bring in new customers and mass numbers they should have introduced the smaller car in the i10 range. You and Epicenter are classic examples of a confused loyal customers forced to look around and shift brands

The move to bring in the Jeep brands is ill timed, especially when you consider it is at the expense of almost more than 1 lac plus Punto linea customers. Those launches could have waited. The wrangler may not even move out of the showroom at that price.

Ravi sir, we understand your predicament and you will be missed for sure.:(

Abdul .
    3 people like this.