1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mahindra XUV500

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by kedarbendre, Sep 28, 2011.

1. sk16

sk16 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Congrats Ravi sir. I guess it is for the best only, you moving away from Fiat.
    I personally quite like the XUV5OO and it is a beauty, there are no second thoughts about it.

Once a fiat, always a fiat. It doesn't have to be that ways and shouldn't be IMO.

And you can always post an initial ownership review in the OFF TOPIC column :rolleyes:. We'll also gain one or two pointers on the XUV if not less. So, many congratulations once again.

Cheers,
    Shray
    1 person likes this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am sure Ravi ji will share all those wonderful travelogues here even though he own a Mahindra. :)
    1 person likes this.
  3. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    Alas!
    what a climax of the beautiful story.

looks like sathya's fever spread to ravi sir.

anyway,this is a democratic country!hearty congratulations for your next ride.

Unconditional love(only if it is unconditional it can be termed as love else it is a business)showered upon you by your beloved linea.

no worries for fiat because some last world freak soul will be sure for fiat.

what would happen if the living beings wiped out of earth.

in an hypothetical terms, NASA have made a assortment of whole things happened in the earth(culture ,langauge,sceince et al)

packed and stored safely in earth, so if new beings come to earth will get benefited from it,no need to start from scratch.

so in my hypothetical view,fiat must be a essential thing in that pack.
    2 people like this.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I could not measure up to my favourite statement that once a FIAT'ian, always a FIAT'ian. If there is a suitable upgrade available in FIAT, I would have definitely considered - I don't really consider Linea T-Jet an upgrade - but, FIAT thinks otherwise; either they want to import premium vehicles like Cherokee or Wrangler that are beyond my reach even in my dreams or renaming the detuned, stripped down version of Linea as Classic. And for me, time is running out. I have got few more years to drive around the country independently before my physical fitness and mental alertness take a toss as I am already nearing 60. So, I have decided not to wait for FIAT indefinitely for new upgrades for the existing Linea owners. Frankly, I don't intend to do any TD of any other cars. My running doesn't justify 2 cars; so I have to part with my Linea. :( Thanks, Bala.

Thanks, sk16.

FIAT India is to be blamed for running their business with only 2 products without giving scope for upgrades for their existing customers.

Sure, if I am allowed to!

But, I am not going to keep my Linea along with XUV5OO. :( Thanks, Sundhu Kumar.
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
    6 people like this.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    He is selling his Linea as well.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    now thats called classic linea and not the new classic launched by fiat.

but always will be in background,all azzure linea belongs to j.ravi ji.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    @jravi any good deal, I am also pondering on same lines :)
    1 person likes this.
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats in advance J Ravi sir. I see many FIATians who move to XUV. Perhaps we need a thread "How many FIATians are now XUV owners?"

I know at least 4 other TFI members who have either recently bought XUV or are awaiting delivery.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    With two 6yrs+ old products it would be hard for FIAT to keep up with existing owners.
    JEEP brand is above the the pocket and many dont want to be again guinea pig.
    With over 2 yrs of XUV Life, with many fixes and upgrades, i guess it has reached to certain level of refinement, thus buying at this point of time do make some sense for next 4-5yrs.

And as JRavi said, upgrading to tjet doesnt make much sense at this point.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    Congrats J Ravi! XUV 5OO is indeed a beast of the cars with its Cheetah looks and the first SUV built ground up in India! I love it so very much and I have driven it zillion times (zillion times is exaggeration :D) I recommended it to one of my bosses and he just dosnt stop singing praises about the car and me :) The tall staunch of the car makes everything on the road look little. Spacious, powerful, beautiful and comfortable for medium size family. Long trips will be breeze and 6th gear will assure a great cruze. The short turning radius will embarrass most of the hatchbacks around.

I am not too disheartened to see you moving away from FIAT. Infact all FIATins will eventually graduate to a bigger car (sedan/SUV) and FIAT is seriously lacking on the SUV front. My next beast will be an SUV and most likely XUV!!!!
    2 people like this.