1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mahindra XUV500

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by kedarbendre, Sep 28, 2011.

1. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    M&M could also give the customer an option to fit a more sleek and engine hugging sump guard as an option after sale, and whoa the GC will be back to original XUV levels:)

Abdul
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Day-before-yesterday, I test-rode XUV500 W8 FWD variant at India Garage, Anna Salai, Chennai along with my wife. Reuben, XUV500 Experience Executive, also accompanied us. In fact, he suggested that we go for a big round all the way from Anna Salai [Mount Road] to the Beach Road via Island Grounds, and then through Dr Radhakrishnan Salai, Cathedral Road, Gemini flyover, and finally, back to Anna Salai. The total distance was about 13 km comprising bumper-to-bumper traffic at Anna Salai and relatively free Beach Road. I drove in the first 4 gears in different speeds. I did not find any turbo lag at all. When I test-rode Linea 1.3 MJD more than 4 years back, I disliked its turbo lag. The cabin was totally silent, in fact, more silent than my petrol Linea. I could not hear any diesel clatter. The ACC was bone-chilling. The engine pulling power was excellent. I tried hard-braking at couple of places on the Beach Road and I did not hear any grinding noise. The braking efficiency was very good. My wife liked XUV500 very much, more than my Linea, due to comfortable seat and ACC! I find that XUV500 W8 FWD overtakes my Linea in all respects, well, almost. After driving XUV500 W8 FWD, I have started liking diesel engines for the first time in my life! I have almost decided in its favour for my next upgrade. Perhaps, I will do a couple of test-drives more before booking one. Arctic Blue is my favourite colour. :)
    4 people like this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I always hear from Sathya that braking in XUV is not that confidence inspiring as that of his Linea.

Edit:- You may also need to test drive Duster 110, Safari Storme as well. :)
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I travelled home during Puja holidays in my friend's XUV. I liked it very much. The continuous drive of 370 kms was not at all tiring. It was very stable and steady at high speeds. It was very smooth, even on extremely bad roads. Very little shock is transferred to the cabin. The seats were very good too. Ideal for long drives.
    The only negative thing I found was the boot space. There is virtually no boot unless you fold the rear seats.
    XUV500 will be one of the options for me when I think of an upgrade in the next couple of years.
    1 person likes this.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Now, XUV500's braking system has been re-engineered, according AutocarIndia.

Duster lacks ACC, ESP, Hill Hold/Descent Control, steering telescopic adjustment, hand-rest, automatic central-locking, dead pedal, besides many other important features. Safari has become a politician's SUV. So, both don't figure in my short-list. :)
    3 people like this.
  6. What was GC of the Xuv5OO you drove? i heard that MM is planning reduce the GC to 160mm.

Other than having bigger engine few bells and whistles, XUV5OO is still a crossover like Duster or Ecosport.

P.S: It is 5OO not 500, MM ends with O in all their newer products, like Bolero,Scropio,Xuv5OO,Quanto.It is confusing for even to MM webmaster too:)
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    160 mm.

XUV500gc.jpg

Source: Autocar India.
    1 person likes this.
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I had the second and the third test-drive yesterday and today respectively. I liked the micro-hybrid technology that automatically puts the engine in standby mode 2.5 seconds after stopping in neutral without pressing the clutch pedal. XUV5OO roars back if I pressed the clutch pedal again! This feature is a boon in city signalized junctions that saves the precious fuel. Contrary to popular beliefs, XUV5OO's width [1890 mm] is less than that of my Linea [1946 mm]. Reuben, XUV5OO Experience Executive of India Garage, managed to take a U turn in our 24' wide narrow street! My daughter liked Opulent Purple. So, I may go in for that colour. :)
    9 people like this.
  9. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

2.2 Mhawk is a gem of an engine,i prefer it over the MJD even in its lower state of tune in the Scorpio at 120 bhp.
    and you should have checked XUV's cruising capability thanks to 6th gear i think it does around 140-150 in 6th gear at ~2500 RPM,not sure of the exact figures.
    So ravi sir,when is it coming?
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    In 2013! ;) There are many firsts in my life if I buy this beast:

The first SUV

The first diesel

The first purple coloured

The first above 100 BHP

The first with 6 air bags