Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by kedarbendre, Sep 28, 2011.
i dunno why but i'm not able to upload the other pictures. i will try again this evening.
check the above link under the name chandhar subramani.... hes my friend who purchased this kolaveri!!!!!!
after getting all the work done on the car by R&D people from chennai , the car is back with new problems, the brake pedal goes all the way down. the hill decent control switches on by itself and irritates the drive.
you can checck the photos there
We need to admit that we FIATIANS get a sarcastic pleasure if the after sales service or quality of another car manufacturer goes down!!
Source Don't buy XUV 500 even if it means its the cheapest best looking XUV 4448 | CarDekho.com
Look and Style : Great. Comfort : Good Pickup: Good Mileage: Good - 13-14 (I drove on highway for 700km).
My car is now 1500 km driven Best Features : I bought XUV 500 W8 on Jan 15. and this is the list of issues I have faced in last 15 days:The car has been manufactured using worst quality material. So its not a low cost car..its a cheap car with inferior quality material and you end up spending the money that has not been spent on it. Think before buying it as any 16L vs XUV for 13L...but cost of fixing things up makes up for that 3L difference. Mahindra service centers and engineers have no answers to my questions:
1. Break drums are rusted.You can see it visibly from outside. Mahindra blames the vendors. For evidence, check any other car/ SUV on road and you would know what I mean.
2. Wipers are bad quality and if it rains and you use them, they cause scratches on the windscreen. It may not happen in the first 2 minutes of usage. It can be so bad that you may want to change your windscreen.
3. Windscreen is single layered glass. Small pebble-touch can cause it to crack/ break. I have already replaced mine. I really thank Mahindra service center to do under warranty; however, it has scared me as it can happen again
4. The beautiful headlights and are made of bad glass. I have driven my car 1500 km and there are spherical shadows in the headlights from where the light passes through.
5. Aux unit does not work. Engineers have agreed that its a cause of worry in all the cars. You can test it using your iPod. You would not be able to hear the sound in all the speakers/ there would be continuous noise in audio quality.
6. The awesome red colored central screen switches off and on, on its own. You wanna try it...open the box on top in the center of the car, right above the console. Bang it a little harder...ur touchscreen is likely to reboot! Please don't be happy if it doesn't as it may happen at any time. Surprise is the fun part!
7. Hard suspension! you drive any car/ sedan/ SUV and you drive your XUV over the same speed breakers. You can feel the difference. XUV would throw you in all directions and you would feel all the bumps.
8. Here is the shocker! Breaks suck! hand break is so bad that the car can slip any side depending on the side of the slope you are with your hand break pulled up. Try pulling the car up on a slope if you don't believe this.(Please do so under supervision as it may cause an accident. I drove the car in Simla and experienced this)
Mahindra will relaunch upgraded version of XUV500 in next few months.
They will rectify all the problems in XUV. I hope they will fix the issues soon.
New XUV500 will be crap again. They are reducing the Ground Clearance to 160mm. unch
i dont know about others but i surely get great pleasure when i see guys complaining about other brands and there quality. ;-)
Having said that , I always felt XUV was rubbish and overpriced same with fortuner / ARIA and Storme.
Its very very evident that none of these brands really care about quality , both inside and out . They just want to keep making money.
If i ever sell my punto and if i ever want another car in whichever segment it will be a volvo hands down.
Would be really funny to see the XUV with 160 mm GC. 1 mm less than my Linea's GC.
Guys at mahindra aren't fools to sell a vehicle with 160MM GC and call it a SUV.
GC is measured from the lowest point in a vehicle,so they have just added a stone/sump guard,which will be 160mm from ground,the rest of the vehicle will remain the same.
On paper Scorpio has 180mm GC,which is less than 2013 Linea's GC on paper,but does that mean,linea will be more happy than the Scorpio on broken roads and slush?-no.
^^ Absolutely makes sense, Akshay. Thanks for throwing more light into this. I think M&M will do the same as you have mentioned.
Separate names with a comma.