1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mahindra XUV500

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by kedarbendre, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    And,FORD thought that it could sell it's new FIESTA for Rs.11 lakhs.Game over,atleast LINEA was selling more than 1000 units for 2 years.let's see if FORD can ever touch 3 digit sales figure for FIESTA .Even,fluidic VERNA will be affected badly along with Altis,CRUZE and Fluence
  2. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I was at the Thane showroom yesterday and was shocked to see the way people were booking and comparing the vehicle. There was atleast 10 bookings in 10 minutes I was in the showroom. One guy booked 2 XUV's without even taking a test drive. Looks like Mahindra is going to create a record with their perfect pricing.

Kiran
  3. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai
    From what I heard from a friend, they got around 8500 bookings in the first 30 hours! awesome!!!
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Yes thats the correct information Vroom :eek:
  5. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    This is the initial euphoria which will die down. The correct market performance of the XUV will be known after about 8 -10 months. M&M will have, by the, hopefully, cleared the backlog of bookings. Ditto for the new Verna.
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Spotted XUV500 in bangalore. A brand new one with ribbons and temp regn stickers...looks huge on road. Its size on road reminded me of hummer :)
  7. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I had an oppurtunity to have a look at XUV on 9th Oct at Mumbai Airport, where they had a display. Absolute beauty. I couldn't have a look at the interior though. If I were to change my car the next time, I might consider XUV with other sedans.
  8. During the weekend, had done a test drive of XUV5oo*("Experience the thrill" is what they called the test drive session,*so also the decals on the vehicle ;)*)
    I was impressed with the vehiclve, given the price tag.
    Like the looks
    Good ride, good braking. I didn't go off-road but.
    Showroom experience was good/prompt.
    Small nitty gritties were:*
    Didn't like the gear shift part- not smooth at all*(may be inherent Mahindra-ish? no idea),
    The interior*colour scheme and feel was "ok" to "good". some needs slight improvement. Didn't check out all features too.
    Glove box also hav a really "deep" laptop compartment
    Front door inside handle needs a longer lever arm, as it makes the open/close requiring a bit more force.
    Good middle row
    Found an additional?*switch/lever for opening the fuel lid AT THE THIRD ROW of SEATS. I didn't operate it (but the sign suggested it) but the lady who explained about the vehicle and came along for the drive did say about it, (no reasoning given though).
    Also had driven the new swift (zdi), etios liva (GD) and just checked out the EON with no drive.
    Swift: felt good, nothing great. good improvement in finish. new cockpit/console look is good.
    Liva: nothing to speak of except "decent" ride, otherwise felt noisy and poor fit/finish. Glove box cover could have almost come in my hand,*and can be easily*twisted/*bent by a "nice" kid.
    EON- Hyundai is something to learn from, for the interiors, really.. ! Good boot space.
  9. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I fully agree with this comment. I got a chance to check out the EON last Sunday. It looks very good for city shopping drives with the ever shrinking parking spaces and a good boot to support - compare this with A-Star and you will see how good the Hyundai is.
  10. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    well guys one of my friend has just got his XUV500 from chennai and he was returning to bangalore. the tyretronics was displaying the message " right front tyre error"
    this doesnt end here. the temperature showed 99 deg celcius inside the cabin and he had a tough time with the ASS of M&M. apparently the ppl in bangalore had no clue what to do with the car as this car is loaded with sensors here and there. they had to wait for the R&D team to come from chennai. well they took the car with them to chennai and gave an automatic scorpio for usage as compensation.

now the car arrives to his home in bangalore and the dashboard is marked with screwdriver scars. and adding to this the tyre tronics started the same message and the temperature started giving the same message. and one more thing is that the turbocharger is making a rough grunting noise when its starts its functioning.

the car was taken again and the result was same adding to all this the day time running lights that were supposed to be white, two of them are red and the rest are blue.

my friend was suffering from day one and he has asked M&M to replace his vehicle with a new one.M&M have still not replied yet.

now the pics will do the talking

car panel 031.jpg