1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mahindra XUV500

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by kedarbendre, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Frankly speaking, i like this car... It looks totally mad n bonkers!!! Tell me car currently on sale in india which looks more hard core than this....

Although, i HATE its chocolate colored interiors... I know beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder but come on... Chocolate interiors!!!! Seems like the designers must have had a trip to a chocolate factory just before they started with the interiors...
  2. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

I liked it!

If I could stretched a little more for the price of Linea...I wud definitely go for it.

Not sure if it's because of the picture, but driver area looked little cramped.

XUV500-BROCHURE-11.5wX-11.5h-inchs-15-01.jpg
  3. PS, i really like the dials of this car. Reminds me of the Mustang from 1960s which happens to be my all time favourite car.
    mustanf speedo.jpg
  4. looks like the HULK.... :)

M&M has unleashed a beast, killer in every sense.......
  5. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    I feel, this is very good output for the fact that it is indegeniously designed in India. With the killer price, im expecting it to be doing good sales numbers. I hope the typical niggles problems of indian SUVs do not come up with this one !

Has any TFIan done a test drive? I do not see test drive reports of this on the internet either !!
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Agree with Romsi, it looks like a HULK, and now the Indians will have a macho SUV built at HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    SANTA FE--------JAPNESE DESI GHEE
    YETI ------- KISKI BETI ?
    ENDEAVOR------- FORD KA VAPOUR
    SAFARI ------- DESI LOGON KI BIMAARI
    FORTUNER-------JAPNESE FM TUNER

get ready all of you to face the "HEAT".

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

SANTA FE--------KOREAN DESI GHEE
    YETI ------- KISKI BETI ?
    ENDEAVOR------- FORD KA VAPOUR
    SAFARI ------- DESI LOGON KI BIMAARI
    FORTUNER-------JAPNESE FM TUNER

get ready all of you to face the "HEAT".
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    its a check and mate move played by mahindra for its competitors. awesome package at very cheap price.

tata has the go on back foot, revisit its merlin package before even daring to launch it.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Agreed to Italia-Linea...

I read some where that TATA will launch Merlin on 29th Sept 2011 but where is the car.....

When I visited Mahindra Showroom yesterday there was Mela like Bheed. Most of the people were from Rural area and most of them bought white color. As per new Mahindra got 6000 booking in just 2 days after launch in Pune. They have capacity of 2000 XUV500 production per month and if you calculate the current bookings then waiting period is near about 3 months :eek:.
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    not only this, in many showrooms single person is booking 2-3 cars. the whole scorpio breed has shifted to XUV now and its game over for tata safari. even xylo, aria will be canabalised. also some % of fortuner buyers will be forced to rethink.