1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mahindra XUV500

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by kedarbendre, Sep 28, 2011.

1. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    Mr. Ravi, waiting for your inputs on XUV 500.
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    As far as I know, Ravi ji is extremely happy with his XUV but feel that the steering feedback is no match to his Linea.

Again, you should be the best person to judge a car. Go and take extended TD of XUV500 and then make a decision. :)
    2 people like this.
  3. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    Raviji, many congratulations for the XUV.
    It is really heartening to know that you are enjoying your new ride and you've already visited the M&M plant.

It will be a real loss to the forum if you decide to leave us, and I would request you to continue in the forum. Hoping to see your jumbo travelogues in the XUV continue in future.

Your threads and other inputs went a long way in influencing my decision to purchase the Linea and don't want to see you deserting this forum.

The steering feedback of the Linea is hard to match by any manufacturer.
    1 person likes this.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks a lot, Arryan.

I do hope that your doubt would have been cleared by now after seeing my reply. :)

Bala is a member in TFI too.

Not only steering response. Linea is matchless when it comes to high-speed stability. :)

After driving my XUV 500 for 3,484 km, I like the following:

• Amazing power [140 bhp] and torque [330 Nm] of 2.2 litre mHawk engine.
    • Cruise control: I find it extremely useful during my marathon drive. My right leg is spared of pain and sprain.
    • Double-barreled headlamps with projector low beam, LED parking lamps, static bending lamps: no dark spots in front of my XUV 500.
    • Tyre-pressure monitoring system ensures peace of mind and cautions against punctures and tyre bursts.
    • Comfortable seats that ensure bird's eye-view of the road ahead.
    • Large fuel tank of 70 litres capacity that ensures uninterrupted marathon drives.
    • Excellent safety features with 6 air bags, all disc brakes with ABS, ESP, hill hold and descent control.
    • Eco-friendly and wallet-friendly feature called micro-hybrid technology that automatically switches off the engine after 2.5 seconds in the neutral position with clutch pedal released and switches on, when the clutch pedal is depressed: very useful for the city-driving.
    • Dash-mounted MapMyIndia navigator on a large 6-inch touch-screen LCD monitor: I can easily follow the directions apart from voice guidance.
    I dislike the following:

• Lack of auto-window up on the driver side: very annoying, while driving out of toll plazas.
    • Lack of protection from double-cranking.
    • Lack of instantaneous fuel consumption, average fuel consumption, average speed and trip time in two trip meters. Trip meters display the distance only.
    • My previous car Linea that cost about half of my XUV 500 had all the above 3 features/accessories, but a global SUV doesn't have them.
    • Driver is the only unlucky chap in not having a handle above his window. All other passengers have handles provided for their windows.
    • Irritating reflection of central faux wood on the windshield during the mid-day.
    • Not so powerful horns. My Thunderbird 500 has better horns. My Purple Cheetah just meows, as Cheetahs cannot roar!
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
    11 people like this.
  5. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    Thanks ramjn for your advice. Shall TD and share my experience.

Mr. Ravi, thanks a lot for the pros and cons in detail...

Yesterday, I was going through XUV 500 thread on team bhp wherein I found inputs from you giving detailed explanation regarding usage of oil in W8 AWD.

Some XUV 500 owners expressed their displeasure on owning with poor response from M&M regarding service issues.

Your experience with Service also helps in gauging the cheetah..maintenance wise is it pocket friendly comparing it with Linea?

I stand confused whether to opt for the new Linea or XUV 500.

Advises welcomed...
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My XUV 500 is just 3,500 km old. The first service is due at 5,000 km without any period restriction.

Today, Purple Cheetah visited India Garage service station at Guindy, Chennai, for resolution of alignment issue as it was dragging towards left. Mr David Charles, RM received my XUV 500, took care of it and got it repaired as we were watching from the customer lounge window. I was not charged for checking and correcting the alignment. After the repairs, I drove XUV 500 on NH 45 for some distance and found that the alignment issue was fully resolved. I gave excellent feedback to the RM and the service team of India Garage.

While waiting in the customer lounge, I was going through the board displaying the costs of important spares and labour charges. Strangely, for some items like brake pads, caliper assembly, replacement of thermostat and coolant, master cylinder overhauling, etc., Rexton's costs less than XUV 500's!

WP_20140219_001.jpg

WP_20140219_005.jpg
    5 people like this.
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Nice post Raviji.
    unbelievable low price of spares for an imported car(rexton) kudos Mahindra.
    Would make a compelling choice in the used car market.
    Just a humble suggestion,why not start a new thread on XUV5OO in offtopic or other car section.
    2 people like this.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Good idea. I also recommend to have a dedicated ownership thread. :)
    1 person likes this.
  9. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Does M&M have plans to launch XUV Automatic in near future? My Brother who owns UNO 1.7D is looking for Good SUV with AUTOMATIC Gearbox under 18 Lac price segment.
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  10. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    New model and automatic version are coming in mid 2015. M&M have tied up with Austrian firm for its AT gearbox.

Sent from my RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk