1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mahindra XUV500

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by kedarbendre, Sep 28, 2011.

1. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Maybe we should start an exclusive "XUV" thread for TFI'ians ;)
    4 people like this.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, Viny.

There is a group called XUV500 Purple Club in FB.
  3. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    Thanks a lot Mr. Ravi for the informative suggestion. I think you are enjoying the drive in XUV500 now compared to Linea.

As for the mileage, I think the running in period has to be completed to know the fuel efficiency.

I am in a dilemma whether to wait for the upgrade arriving in 2015 or opt for the present one. . The color and vehicle will be XUV500, like yours.

I initially thought of upgrading to 2014 Linea, seeing the Service Issues, I opted out and was scouting which one to buy. Then came your post and that's when I made my choice.

Keep updating about your experiences, Mr. Ravi.

Wishing you and Mrs. Ravi with many safe, memorable memories in your new acquisition - XUV500. Thank you once again.
    2 people like this.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My Purple Cheetah Visits Her Birth-Place

Today, my Purple Cheetah visited her birth-place at Chakan. :)

IMG_4521.JPG
    8 people like this.
  5. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    Mr. Ravi,

How was the drive to Chakan plant and how is the XUV 500 owning experience? Your comparison between XUV 500 and Fiat Linea would be of help. Your valuable inputs, as a senior and experienced owner, on the new arrivals on Fiat stable would also be of help.

Your inputs on owning XUV 500 are eagerly awaited.
    1 person likes this.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, nbvcrao. Here are my responses for your queries:

The drive Bangalore>Pune>Chakan>Pune>Bangalore was very enjoyable. We returned home at 1 am today. We left Pune at 11:30 am yesterday. Here is the fuel efficiency of my XUV500:

BangalorePuneChakanBangaloreTripMID.jpg

FIR: I enjoyed driving XUV500 without any fear even on bad stretches/humps, where I would have hesitated driving Linea. The steering response of Linea is something matchless. But, I am yet to become fully conversant with XUV500.

I am not happy with the face-lifted edition of Linea. Applying make-up to the old model will not help, IMO. I like Avventura. Let us wait for the launch of this CUV, when we will be able to know the engine configuration and features. Who knows, Avventura may be another EcoSport for FIAT! :)

I have not exceeded 100 kmph speed so far. I enjoyed driving with cruise control. The power of the engine is amazing. I will write more later.
    9 people like this.
  7. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    Thanks a lot Mr. Ravi.

Your informative replies for the queries, posted immediately after your return to Bangalore (the time at which you posted) made me learn another point from you, Sir - to be prompt. Hats off to you.

Mrs. Ravi's comments/comparison between XUV 500 and Linea would also be of help.

As mentioned earlier Mr. Ravi, I was waiting for Fiat Linea upgrade. The facelift did not attract me much. Punto Avventure is a small one. And my stand was on XUV 500 given its looks, ruggedness and service points. My friend a 2009 GP Epack owner, another die hard fan of Fiat (he still holds 1956 model, which his father bought), has been suggesting Avventure or Linea.

Recently, he drove from Rajahmundry to Chennai to get 90 k service at Ramkay. The service experience was pretty awful. And I do not wish to make long miles to experience pathetic service.

Your owning experiences of XUV 500 just reinforced and even my father voted for it on seeing your inputs.

I await for some more valuable inputs from you, Mr. Ravi.

Hope you and Mrs. Ravi had ample rest after your return trip.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    I just hope this thread doesnt become the FIAT Farewell Thread :p
    I can see lot of people planning to migrate to XUV :)
    6 people like this.
  9. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    15.6 is excellent mileage. After reading this thread I feel like buying XUV 500 :)
    1 person likes this.
  10. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014