1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mahindra XUV500

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by kedarbendre, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I agree,that even a FWD will easily do ladakh,but then a SUV has to be a 4X4 or a AWD at least.
    We have a 4X2 Scorpio and we have regretted not getting a 4WD many times.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Its the only vehicle in the segment which has so many technology gizmo's and features built into it, from my point of view quite worth every penny spent on it..
  3. What about the niggles on this gizmos other things being reported?
    I am inclined to W4 than a 6 or 8 as it has very less gizmos or features but, don't have parking for two cars hard to imagine selling Punto.
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  4. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

Mahindra claims these have been rectified in the new version.
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I did read that most of the electronics stuff, including some of the critical sensors are from china and are cheap. And there is too much of them in XUV5OO. A friend told me that sometimes the ABS is not getting activated. Mahindra claims that they have fixed such issues in newer versions.
    A W4 with less gizmos sounds a better option.
    2 people like this.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks a lot, nbvcrao.

My Purple Cheetah [aka XUV500!] did its first long trip on 11/12 Jan 2014. Left Vadapalani, Chennai at 6 pm on 11 Jan 2014 and reached Basaveswara Nagar, Bangalore at 1:20 am on the next day after a 30 minute-traffic jam at Chennasamudram toll plaza and 45 minute-dinner break at Aryas, Vellore bypass. I feel that driving XUV500 was more comfortable and enjoyable than Linea as I did not bother about rough patches, bad roads, speed-breakers, etc. and with the cruise control set at 100 kmph, my right knee was relieved of the strain and pain. On the steering wheel and its response, Linea cannot be beaten even by the Cheetah. But, on the overall driving comfort, ride and handling qualities, the Cheetah emerges the winner! I like cruise control, ESP, hill-hold and hill-descent controls in my XUV500. XUV500 drove on cruise control most of the times during my Chennai-Bangalore trip. On some occasions, I experienced HHC. I am yet to experience ESP and HDC.

ChennaiBangalore.jpg

Yes. Updated versions are available from October 2013. Mine is November 2013-make. To know whether the version is updated, please see the rear of XUV500. It should look like this:

WP_20131231_003.jpg

The Mahindra and XUV500 monograms have been shifted to a higher level and version badge at the rear instead of on the front right fender.
    17 people like this.
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    @J Ravi: Linea gave you better millage figures, atleast on Kmpl readings :D
    1 person likes this.
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I don't think so. The fuel efficiency figures of Linea [1.4 l petrol] are less than that of my XUV500 [2.2 l diesel] despite vast difference in engine capacity and fuel type. Chennai to Bangalore involve climbing of altitude of 3,000'. During the last trip from Chennai to Bangalore, my Linea recorded a FE of 13.6 kmpl. I think, the credit goes to cruise control of my XUV500! :)

56009d1385851126-my-fabulous-fiat-linea-mid.jpg

FE of my Linea during another Chennai to Bangalore trip:

49459d1376082551-my-fabulous-fiat-linea-mid.jpg
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Given your long trip records, the saving in fuel costs will probably get you funded for another set of trips :)
    Keep enjoying XUV...
    Are you on any forum specific to to XUV, like TFI for Fiat cars?
    1 person likes this.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    There is no forum available specific to Mahindra/XUV. Probably, all the new owners of XUV500 from TFI can start TXI (Team XUV500 India). :)
    3 people like this.