1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mahindra XUV500

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by kedarbendre, Sep 28, 2011.

1. May be,i did not see this treatment to even to Rexton.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    One curious question to J. Ravi Ji. Where are you planning to book and register the car? TN/KA? :D
    1 person likes this.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My XUV500 will have TN 06 [Mandaveli RTO] registration. I don't want to have two cars in my name registered in the same address. :)
  4. You may face issues in Bangalore as RTO guys are pretty much looking at other state vehicals.
    One of my colleague's barrowed MH name plate indica was sized by them as he drove to work from selam to cv raman nagar once a week.he works remotely for 4 days a week.
    He had to pay for the road tax to get vehical released , it seems RTO guys watched for over 3 months before taking action.
    He was told to stop in OOR but thinking them to be police he did not then they followed him upto office compound.
    A ex colleagues punto was sized as it was KL registered only given back after he paid 93k as tax+fine.
    Please PM me me if you want to talk to them ,i can provide the numbers.
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My XUV500 will be stationed at Chennai and Linea at Bangalore. I will use XUV500 for the future mega trips and inter-city trips. For Bangalore local use and south India trips, I will use my Linea. I have been riding on my TB500 with Chennai registration between Bangalore and Chennai without any issues from April 2013.
    2 people like this.
  6. There is difference between a car and bike,few thousands to few lakhs.
  7. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    So sir, you are not parting with your linea? or it is only for time being till your linea finds a new home? congratulations for your choice. I am neither happy nor sad about your decisions but will request you to stay with us in this forum and keep inspiring us. After all i started T-R-I-P only after reading your travelogues.
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thank you, sathishgv, for the compliments and wishes. My Linea will stay with us for a few more months after buying XUV500, if not years, at Bangalore. Of course, I won't be taking her out for my future mega trips. :)

As I mentioned, XUV500 will not be used for Bangalore local use. So, I don't foresee any problem.
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Sat, when you say observe, do you mean those guys were watching for the car at the Attibele toll or something?

Both our Puntos are TN registered and one of them would be in Bangy always, we have not faced any issues yet. Keeping toll slips and Fuel bills from TN as proof helps. And also a valid PUC from TN.

There is a rule that we are free to drive for 11 months from entry. Another thing, there are zillions of other state vehicles within Bangalore. Keeping a watch on a handful of them itself is near to impossible.
    3 people like this.
  10. Hmm, i am not sure it may be lie that RTO guy told but,both of my friends suffered at the hands of those people.
    I am told by my journalist friend that RTO filks are looking for high value target like Audi or Mercedes kind of cars.
    Most od these are are PY registered but playing in Bangalore most of the time.