1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mahindra XUV500

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by kedarbendre, Sep 28, 2011.

1. cannonera

cannonera Amatore

Ravi Sir,

I would not comment on your choice of your replacement for "THE LINEA"...
    Instead, I would wish you to know that my choice of a car, in a way, was influenced by You!
    Reading through Your travelogues had inspired me to make the Right Choice of buying my FIAT PUNTO. You were instrumental in making that connect between the man and that machine...
    A humble request is although you would have parted with your FIAT, please do have your presence here, least someone need your expertise after having owned & experienced the Joy of driving a FIAT!

For me, in my mind, LINEA is FTA in colour with FIAT stickers on it doors, driven by J.Ravi period.

3 people like this.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Thanks a lot, Hari. As I mentioned already, my decision to upgrade to a non-FIAT car is solely due to lack any other product in FIAT's portfolio in rupee-symbol.gif 15 lakh range. :(
  3. the_crusader

the_crusader Amatore

Linea 1.4
    Ravi Sir, best wishes for your new upcoming upgrade and thank you for your contributions to TFI. You know, I went through the same feeling when I test drove XUV during initial months of this year. But then I realized that I haven't driven my existing 2010 Linea enough before I part away with it. So I continue to patronize with my investment. But you had a descent coverage on your Linea and may be this is the right time for you to upgrade.
    4 people like this.
  4. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    This is sad to know that Linea is finding new home from your home.
    And good news is you have choosen XUV, this is international SUV made by Mahindra, and very capable SUV. Also share us your beautiful travel detail as usual in XUV.
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    My bad! Ravi sir without Linea is akin to Tennis world without the Wimbledon. Sir, the class and the grace will be missed :( Thanks for inspiring 'n' number of Fiat buyers and making them a die hard fan through your Linea travelogues. Your Linea shall surely miss its master the most than anyone! Sorry to say that Fiat India lost a priceless customer. Wake up Fiat.

Sent from my Lumia using Tapatalk
    2 people like this.
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
  7. I caught it on test run on nice road today,while i was returning from 1800 kms trip.

One more picture of the w4,this will be better alternative to Duster or Ecosport

IMG-20131106-WA0001.jpg here is an another one.

DSC_1470.jpg did not find much difference in exterior.
    3 people like this.
  8. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

That looks like a new W8.
    W4 wont have alloy wheels,and those are protective sheets and not camouflage.
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  9. Hmm, what can be purpose of those protection sheets? If you think then you will understand.
    Even the dash was covered but,i could not take pictures of it.
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Sat, that does seem like a new W8. All VWs, Skodas and other premium marquees and surprisingly an Indian manufacturer, Mahindra use that white protective sheets on the vehicle during transit from Factory till the dealer's yard to protect the paint surface from scratches and stuff.
    1 person likes this.