1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mahindra XUV500

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by kedarbendre, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Actually, I think Fiat is not offering upgrades in it's stable only with good intentions.
    Fiat does not want it's customers to waste another 15 lakhs within 4 years of spending 10 lakhs on a car.Instead Fiat thought that it's well informed customers should deposit that 15l in their wife or mother's account in a bank and let the ladies enjoy the 15k interest in their own ways.
    Fiat wants it's customers to think of another car only after 7 years, because their car will be like new till then.
    3 people like this.
  2. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Nice thoughts :) which suit the existing Fiat customers but is not good for Fiat itself...I strongly believe that 500L,500L Living,Freemont,Panda would make decent numbers if introduced over a period of time with strong dealer network around 150+ and marketing/advertisement(we know how strong Fiat is in these departments :chair:)..
    Just sad to see Fiat has got the longest hibernation period! Anyone please wake up this Kumbakarnan:evilsmile ...I am just tempted by their cars in Europe but we may never get to see as long as we are in India :sad1....

http://www.fiat.com/com/500l-Living

Freemont - World
  3. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore
    Ravi , how are the braking and gearshift of Xuv compared to Linea ?
    1 person likes this.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Braking: my Linea > XUV5OO in spite of having all disc brakes.

Gearshift: XUV5OO [has safety feature of lifting a ring to engage the reverse gear similar to Opel Corsa + 6 gears] > my Linea.
    2 people like this.
  5. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Even the S10 comes with that ring for reverse gear. I think the MJD Stile too, but im not sure. :)
  6. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Palio Stile petrol has that, but not the MJD variant.
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    True. The Palio Stile Petrol had this feature, though I never understood why it is needed. It is mechanically impossible to engage the reverse gear when the car is moving forward. Even if one tries, all that will happen is one will generate a lot of grinding noise.

Rajan
  8. Fayad

Fayad Amatore

Tvm
    are you sure?? IIRC the palio stile MJD also had this feature.
    wont there be any damage to the gearbox?
  9. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Fiat Enthusiast
    Trust me on this! A friend of mine owns a petrol Stile. Also, I had the opportunity to drive two Palio MJDs yesterday as another friend of mine is on the lookout for a used one. :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Even if the interest on 15 l is unused, that alone left for another 2 or 3 years would add upto 3 to 4 lakhs, which would be sufficient to pay the upfront payment for the next new car in 3 years and the original principal stays with us.
    Besides that, what upgradation?, my freelance chauffeur who other wise drives a 7 series always says that he could not find any difference between the two cars.
    Fiat has given us solid cars that would last atleast 7 years without looking or getting old.
    Besides that our car has saved us from 2 accidents, that I would instantly feel unsafe in any other car even if twice expensive.
    5 people like this.