1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Madras --> Mysore --> Bekal --> Wayanad --> Madras - Road Trip

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by 5u3zEr0, May 14, 2014.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    another point to consider is that for going to hunsur (on way to madikeri), we usually deviate from srirangapatnam to go via ranganthittu avoiding mysore town. if coming from malvalli, i am not aware of the road from bannur to srirangapatnam at all. never driven on it. cutting across mysore town on way to hunsur will even out the time saved in coming via NH209.
    Last edited: May 19, 2014
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I have once taken this route while going to Madikeri. This section was horrible that time (I think it was in Mar'2012). How is this road now? Is it good to take? I may be driving again next week. :)
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    havent driven on this road recently but it is usually in bad shape. even then it is pretty drivable and easily saves atleast an hour if one is headed to hunsur since we avoid the traffic of mysore town. have driven on it multiple times including few bike trips as well to find it it same condition almost always. it is approximately 35 kms till we come out on highway and takes roughly 45 mins to 1 hr.
  4. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Yes, I have also taken this road to Siddapur, which passes close to Brindavan Gardens and joins the Madikeri road later. I think KTDC Buses from Bangalore also take this road to Brindavan Garden as you don't have to go into Mysore. Anyway since I am planning to stay in Mysore for a couple of days it does not matter to me.

@ Fiat Lover: You mentioned you went "home", so is it Kasargod? If yes which way did you go? Via Hunsur, Madikeri, Sulia or some other way. Wanted to check the road conditions on that section. Thanks.
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    This is my usual route:
    Sarjapura Road > NICE Road > Kengeri> Mysore > Hunsur > Gonikkoppal > Iritty > Taliparamba > Payyanur (369Kms). Around 5 kms of average road near Anechowkur check post, but manageable in any car. Rest are quite good.
    Hunsur > Gonikkoppal: Roads being redone just before Anechowkur check post, about 5 kms,
    Gonikkoppal > Iritty: Road work in progress after Gonikkoppal (must be completed by now)(just a few kms)
    1 person likes this.
  6. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks a lot fiatlover, that was quite helpful.

Now, I will be leaving on Sunday so with traffic being thin, I was thinking of getting into Bangalore from KR puram, then Indira Nagar, Koramangala, up the Electronics city Flyover, take a U turn and then get onto NICE road. The other option would be take left after Hoskote, pass Whitefield, Varthur, Sarjapur and join at Attibele into Hosur road and then left into NICE road. But this way it is around 22 kms longer. Is this going to be quicker on a Sunday, I doubt it. Or should I just take the former option? My main concern is that I don't want to waste time.

Untitled.jpg
  7. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Any specific reason on choosing the Chittoor/Kolar route? You can very well take the Vellore/Krishnagiri route. The road widening is almost completed and the condition is very good here.
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    if you end up coming to bangalore via old madras road then i would suggest to be on old madras road till KR Puram, then take Outer ring road till silk board(only two signals). for getting to NICE road its better not to take the expressway as you will have to come back around a km. it wouldn't save much time.
  9. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    @ ramjn: I like the double laned sections on this road which have the fast flowing corner's, the ghat section and much less traffic. It's more fun. Let me see which way I finally end up taking since now that the road condition is much bettter.

@ Shams: Thanks.

@ Fiatlover: I am now feeling a little concerned about travelling on these Kerala roads with my children. Are these interior roads very secluded? Anything to worry about with children travelling.
    Last edited: May 23, 2014
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Not sure if you have taken this road (Chittoor/Kolar) recently. Road widening work is on in this section and you may not enjoy much. Vellore route would be better choice for Bangalore.