1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Made the MOVE --> Got the Linea Tjet Emotion --> What next on it?!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by 5u3zEr0, Apr 25, 2014.

1. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Finally, after a lot of indecisiveness and procrastination, I gifted my Tjets some nice floor mats. Got the 3D Maxpider mats in beige and paid Rs.6250 for it :wideyed:!

I also saw Sparco rubber mats and a nice carpet mat in a brand called "Elegant" but I was hooked on the Maxpider mats when the dealer agreed to place it in the car. The minute the front mats were placed in the car, the whole look of the interiors improved because of the colour matching and the best part was they fit perfectly and they are quite long. Its been about ten days and I feel that the car has also become quiter because of the reduced road noise from the floor, nice. Here are some snaps:

28092014333.jpg
    28092014334.jpg
    28092014339.jpg
    28092014335.jpg
    28092014337.jpg
  2. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Those mats look heavy !! Now you'll definitiely need a remap to take care of the extra weight.. what say ? ;)
    5u3zEr0 likes this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Nice addition to your car. 3D mats rock. I am a fully satisfied customer of this mat from 2011. And know what, I went to GP Road to buy the mats on the delivery day of my car. Bought the mats, went to showroom, asked them to place the mats and took the delivery. :D

The cost seems to have increased a lot. I bought for Rs. 4500 in September 2011.
    5u3zEr0 likes this.
  4. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I put the noodle mats from 3M. They are very good and avoids a lot a dirt entering into the floor of the car.

Subzero, cuud you give the feedback on your tires. Am also planning to change to Primacty 3 ST.
  5. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    @ Parantap: :D, now you are pushing me to the remap faster! They are surprisingly light though.

@ Ramjn: Nice to know that you too have them! Super nice, that you bought them first and then took delivery of your car :).

@ pv_krish: The 3M Nomad noodle mat was also in my mind but they seemed over priced at Rs.6300, for what they were offering. Also, the dirt would not be visible on the surface of the mats as they fall into the noodles which would make the mats look clean superficially but they could be holding a lot of muck inside which is not good. With the regular mats we would be forced to clean them regularly :) which I prefer with the kids around.

About the Primacy 3st (Silence tuned), they are pretty good all rounders. Very silent obviously, comfortable, soft side walls and give good feedback of the road. Done about 17500 kms on them (across all types of roads) and just one puncture till now and no other issue's. Can't tell you about how long they would last but I am sure they will wear out faster but should be good for atleast 35,000 kms to 40,000kms. If you are ready to spend extra money for silence and comfort with decent grip levels and life, then this tyre should be it.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @5u3zEr0, I went in for 3M mats so that the mats do not get smudged in wet conditions. That is when it becomes difficult to clean the mats. 3M guys promised that it is fungi free, do not know how far this is true. Its also easy to clean, just have to pick up and dust. I actually thought a step further ;), was thinking about 3M mat inside 3D mats.

Regarding the primacy 3 ST, when you say soft side walls, is it so soft that any impact of the side wall would damage the tyres on the highway :cold: or is the side wall sturdy enough for that?
  7. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Soft side walls in the sense that they absorb the bumps on the road which is good but they kind of flex during hard cornering hence spoil the handling. In comparison to the very low 45 profile UHP tyres, I had been using before these.

About side wall damage, I really can't say because that is something beyond our control and could happen to any tyre. What I can say is that our another car is also on Michelin's Primacy HP and one of our previous car was also on Michelin's Primacy LC for 40,000 kms and we have had no issue's.
    prabhjot and pv_krish like this.
  8. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Finally got the bothering bit of chrome on the top front grille blacked out!

Took out the top front grille, went to my neighbourhood sticker store (with whom I had already enquired about the gloss black sticker a day before) and got the gloss black sticker stuck on the chrome section and the Fiat emblem. The sticker was stuck in three parts, the flat section first and then the two corners. I then removed the Fiat emblem from the grille and then got that also wrapped. The sticker was "LG" brand and costed me just Rs.120 which is really really cheap than 3M, which quoted around Rs.670. Here are some snaps

20102014367.jpg 20102014369.jpg
  9. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @5u3zEr0, you could have done the same black detailing in the bottom chrome as well.
  10. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    @ pv_krish: I would have had to remove the bumper and then taken out the grille. Its quite a task taking it out and so didn't bother to take the effort.

And visually the bottom chrome section is not that visible and does not stand out that much as much as the top one. I had been observing it for a few weeks.