1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Made the MOVE --> Got the Linea Tjet Emotion --> What next on it?!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by 5u3zEr0, Apr 25, 2014.

1. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    @ nkrishnap: Thanks, yes those alloys were a head turner! Dabbled thinking about performance mods on it but let it go, so nope.

@ nkrishnap, GP freak & Crazy Fiatian: Yup the white looks good and classy but I think the black came out looking sporty and goes with the theme.

@ N Kiran: Thanks. The fog lamps and the grille’s have just been painted black, I just got the car today :)! Here is an average photo:

DSC_0858.jpg

@ Vishi: Pearl white is an universal colour which each brand gives a different name and there would be slight difference in paint shade too and the metallic/pearl effect. Vocal white is Fiat’s name for Pearl white and they are both the same thing.

@ BoseSuman: Thanks, some more mods to go!
  2. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    After a month and a half I finally gave my Tjet some tender loving care and took this snap from an overhead angle, which I had been wanting to take for some time now, I really like how the roof looks "all gloss" and has the mirror finish! The sun control film on the front and rear windscreen also help with the look.

DSC_0920.jpg

My car's second free service at one year was also done early this month and it had done around 14700 kms. Spent just 3500 for service and I was surprised because they had given a quote of 5500.

During the service I also asked them to paint the fog lamp holders and the two grille's. Even after a lot of persuasion I could not get them to paint the chrome sections of the grille so that is still pending. Here are a couple of snaps inside Ramkay Fiat after the painting, I liked the outcome:

DSC_0922.jpg DSC_0923.jpg

I have now completed what I wanted to do with the cosmetic customisation on the body, what is left is only the wrapping of the chrome.

I am still in two minds about getting the wheels painted?!
  3. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    5u3zEr0 likes this.
  4. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  5. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks Murphy & Varun. Okay, I will keep the wheel painting as a strong option. Colour options could be black, white and gun metal.

I now really want to do some performance changes, I am more and more inclining towards getting the end can changed to make the car sound sweeter! and if possible put in a conical air filter I have lying with me. There is very less space in the engine bay for it though.

I am curious how this turbo charged 1.4 will sound :D!
    varunrtr likes this.
  6. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Quoting this from Gurjinder's recent Turbocharged vs NA thread ..

The NA engine can make a nice sporty noise with the help of a good tuned exhaust. But a turbocharged engine cannot make too much of the sporty sounds as the velocity of the exhaust gases is converted to kinetic energy used to rotate the turbocharger. The result is that outgoing exhaust gases have very less energy left.

:(
    5u3zEr0 likes this.
  7. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Parantap, yes that is something to think about and a valid point. But there are many turbo charged cars with glorious exhaust notes, so I hope the sound is good enough for me. Quite at idle and getting louder as you go up the revs and that beautiful crackle when I lift off or down shift! Now I am getting nostalgic.
  8. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Make another move and go for it :D ! One thing you might want to check is the slight angle in the TJet's muffler..not sure if that will come in the way but just something to look out for ..
    5u3zEr0 likes this.
  9. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Parantap, I am going to make this move, just a matter of time! Yes, thanks, the muffler has to be installed perfectly as it is already too low and I don't want it to be hanging as if it is not a part of the car. The stock muffler looks like that. Also mulling whether I should remove the catalytic convertor.

There is a brand called Jetex which makes exhausts in the U.K. and my friend is importing them but I have to wait for it to arrive. Any suggestions?

Last week my Tjet started displaying the door ajar warning even when all the doors where tightly shut. The problem was diagnosed to a faulty rear right door actuator. Sent it to Ramkay Fiat and it was replaced without any questions asked and I was not charged a paisa for it.

The Tjet has been very low maintenance till now when compared to the Palio, I hope it remains this way.
    prabhjot and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  10. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Went for a day trip to Trichy last Saturday. Left at 06:20 in the morning and was in Trichy by 11:20 with a thirty minutes break for breakfast in Chenglepet. Gave it a bit of stick with some high rpm driving and it did the 270 odd kilometres between Chengalpet and Trichy in three hours flat! Total trip time was 4:15 as per the MID.

On the way back, it was dusk by the time we started and since the entire journey would be in the dark, I would be extra cautious. But as we drove on, the Linea's lights really lit up the road and I could keep up a decent pace and surprisingly I was home in four hours and forty minutes.

The car felt really confident at high speeds and the all four discs did a fantastic job of cutting speed! I should also mention that the front windscreen sunfilm does wonders to cut the oncoming high beam glare on the highways, my eyes were more relaxed and there was hardly any strain to see ahead.

There is no need whatsoever to upgrade the lights on the Linea, the stocks lights along with the fog lamps are strong enough if they are perfectly aligned.
    Rajen, prabhjot and Murphy_Fiat like this.