1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Made the MOVE --> Got the Linea Tjet Emotion --> What next on it?!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by 5u3zEr0, Apr 25, 2014.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
  2. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks Ramjn, I spoke to him. Should be meeting him on Monday.

Last week, got the Tjet boot mat I had ordered at Ramkay, paid Rs.690 for it. The innovative part is that it has velcro on the underside which prevents it from sliding around unlike boot mats of other cars. It could have been a little bigger though.

Here it is: DSC_0786.jpg DSC_0783.jpg
  3. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    I too bought this while taking delivery @600 :)
  4. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Met Murugan at SMK Automobiles this morning and he is also reluctant of painting the chrome section of the front grille's :eek:! I told him that it has to be painted and then he said it will start peeling after some time if they paint it. I am going to think about this and in the mean time get a quote for a mesh grille. I could then just remove the OE grille and fix the mesh grille. Got a quote of Rs.4,500 for the roof painting.
  5. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    The paint will peel off only if it is done over the existing chrome. If some effort is made to remove as much of the chrome as possible (by sanding etc.) the paint will stick a lot better.
    1 person likes this.
  6. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks Parantap for your input. I will keep that in mind. Even for my Civic they were reluctant but I was persistent that I wanted the chrome to go, that time the painter was really good and he took the time and painted it for me. Unfortuntely I don't know where he is now. Here is how it looked before and after:

DSC00255.jpg

DSC_0250 copy.jpg
  7. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    A new 3M car care has opened on OMR very close to my office and I went there to get information on their wraps. They had three types of finish in black colour wraps which are Matte, Glossy and Carbon finish. I decided to try the glossy one for my spoiler but they didn't have it in stock and told me that they would call me once they arrange it from their other store.

After a couple of days I get a call that it has come and I fix up a time to get it done. After I get there and we are ready to install it they bring the matte finish again! I tell them I asked for the glossy finish and that's why I have come, they go search again and finally they come and tell me they dont have it :O! The manager then gives me excuses and tells me he would let me know once they get it. After a few days I get a text informing me that they don't have it across their stores.

Painting the spoiler again is out because it is too risky so now I have to decide between matte finish or carbon finish on the spoiler. Any suggestions? I am also intending to enquire about the black glossy wrap directly with other 3M stores.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    ^^ Did you check with 3M's other outlets directly? Call Mr. Dushy at 3M, Nandanam. He is very helpful guy. His contact is 9 9 4 0 5 7 4 3 2 1.
  9. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks Ramjn, I spoke to Dushy. He also suggested that I try the matte finish wrap than the glossy one but also told me that if I can maintain the glossy wrap then I can go for it as it is very susceptible to scratches. He confirmed that they are currently out of stock of glossy and should get it by the end of the month.
  10. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3