1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Made the MOVE --> Got the Linea Tjet Emotion --> What next on it?!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by 5u3zEr0, Apr 25, 2014.

1. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    My Linea came with the new light grayish whitish (can't decide which colour it is) leather seats and interiors which should be really tough to maintain. So I polish the leather seats with leather care conditioner every few months, trying to keep them clean. I also got the lower half of the front cabin cleaned and washed as it had got dirty with footwear stains. I personally would have preferred the older beige leather which the earlier Tjet came in. This colour looks very dull to me. Anyway here are some interior pictures:

DSC_0722.jpg DSC_0705.jpg DSC_0728.jpg DSC_0726.jpg

The Linea's cabin looks really special to me in the night with the orange hue coming from the two led's on top and the soothing orange backlight on the switches and dashboard and I also have a Tjet door sill installed on the car. The door sills quality is not that great though, I find some rust on it already in nine months.

DSC_0711.jpg DSC_0720.jpg DSC_0721.jpg

A close up of the Fiat 16" OE Alloy wheels and the Michelin Primacy 3ST 205/55 r16 tyres. DSC_0730.jpg
    Last edited: May 4, 2014
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Nice pics there subzero!! The tissue papers and remote are there just for photography purpose, right??::O
  3. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore

Subzero , nice pictures and mods. Can you mention the price for overall sunfilm installation and pre setup suspension ?
  4. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Bharath and Abhishek, thanks guys for the compliments.

Pabhishek, nope that IS their place. The tissue box used to be below the front arm rest but used to foul with something or the other and I kept getting irritated so moved it there. Moving it back was not an option as I would not be able to reach for the tissues when I needed them. The remote used to lie in the glove box and nobody used it so decided to make it visible so that it is used. Why do you ask? Becuase of the airbags?

@ Bharath: Around 18,500 for the sunfilm and Rs.10,000 (I haggled for a discount and got it, they will normally not give it.) for the Pre 2012 suspension including installation.
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Yes, its one reason and another that is it stable on that position? Doesn't it fall down? Or is it placed on some specific pad?:confused:
  6. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Abhishek: Both of them are placed on a round Indigo Airlines anti slip mat which I bought on board. The mat is fantastic as both of them are stable on highway speeds and hard cornering!
    1 person likes this.
  7. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    The last time I was at Ramkay I got a quote of Rs.4100 for painting the front two grille’s, the fog lamp holders and the ORVM’s. For the entire roof they have quoted Rs.8500. Now the sad part is that, they say they will not paint the chrome sections of the grille which I definitely want it to be painted. I am not a fan of chrome!

I have more or less decided on painting it all metallic or pearl black, I think the shade is called “Nero Black”. I think it comes on the Punto’s roof. I sometimes think of painting the ORVM’s red, how will that look? Or the roof, the grille’s and the fog lamp holder’s a very dark shade of metallic purple! I am thinking of painting the rims, a similar shade of white like the car. Suggestions anybody?

About painting the rims, Ramkay and a private garage I know for years, have both declined painting it as they say the paint will peel off. Anybody has experience on this?

Can somebody suggest a good painter who will paint the chrome parts and the rims?
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    For the rims powder coating is the best option as paint will peel off. I remember fellow Fiat'ian DRIV3R got his alloys done somewhere in Chennai, PM him.

Sent from my C6502 using Tapatalk
  9. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am not in favour of painting these alloys in BNW. Gun Metal / Grey would look much better, as i ve seen European Punto comes with these wheels in Gun metal color and it looks awesome !!
    For mirrors, red would be contrasting and sporty , but you can also consider aluminium/grey finish for a more sober look... (somebody has done that in grey here in tfi, cant find it now.. )
    My friend painted the roof for 3500 , black mirror finish, SVC is grossly overpriced !!
    And you can even get full honeycomb mesh grille for 4.1k which you ll have to give to SVC... I painted my puntos grille for arnd 600 Rs a couple of years back !!

EDIT: This is the color of wheels and ORVM i told: http://www.teamfiat.co.in/do-yourse...t-cruise-control-now-active-4.html#post158697 .
    Last edited: May 14, 2014
  10. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    @ varunrtr: Thanks for all the info. That Linea looks swell and are those alloys the OE design? 4,100 for a mesh grille without the loud chrome sounds good. Any chances it can me made and shipped to Madras? So the service centre is asking for more than double the cost of painting for the roof. Let me search for some private painters.

@ teky: Thanks. Can you tell me where you got your Palio painted in Madras? I would like to use them for my car.