1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Made the MOVE --> Got the Linea Tjet Emotion --> What next on it?!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by 5u3zEr0, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @5u3zEr0 - As pv_krish suggested, when you find time try to put black stickers in bottom chrome too.

Where you got the 3D Maxpider mat? I saw rubber floor mat in Ramkay Service center which is around Rs.1300/-, thinking whether to go with 3D Maxpider mat or the rubber mat provided by Fiat, both got very steep price difference.
  2. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Naah, I am not going to bother, it is too much of an effort to remove it just to black out that small section.

I bought the mats at Moto Mall, Nandanam next to 3M car care. Yes, there is quite a difference between the regular mats and the 3D Maxpider and nothing in between. There was another brand there called Elegant or Elegance I think, it was a carpet mat, beige in colour and looked pretty good. Was around Rs.2500 but they did not have it in stock. I suggest carpet mats instead of rubber, rubber spoils the look of the cabin.
    Crazy Fiatian likes this.
  3. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
  4. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Nice pictures. I liked the last one a lot, bold & stylish :)
    5u3zEr0 likes this.
  5. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    DAMN! The Tjet is SPECTACULAR to drive on the highways. I know that most, if not all of us have heard this many times about FIAT’s but still I can’t stop myself expressing it again. Every time you take it out on open roads, there is something it does which excels the last experience, a new high or a new limit.

In the last few months I have been driving more in between cities than in the city which has led to racking up more highway miles than city miles with a couple of trips to Trichy and Salem, a couple to Bangalore and to Pondicherry. Half of them were solitary night drives which were a lot of fun.

On one of these trips, on my back from Trichy in the late afternoon on a four lane road, a Vento TDI and me were trading places for about 100kms or more, it would be ahead on the straights and in the curves I would have more speed. Anyway we were in no way racing but has it happened I caught up with him after a certain distance and then we met up with an Innova up front which was accelerating into the left lane from standstill. Now, from a distance I saw the Innova with its torque did not let the Vento go pass it and as there was a car coming up in front of the Vento, it had to slow down. By this time I was with them in the left lane and the Innova had gone a little ahead and after I passed the Vento from the left, he tucked in behind me immediately and we overtook the slower car in the right lane, simultaneously and moved into the right lane. Now a tight left handed curve was coming up in the distance and I don’t let a decent curve go to waste ;), hence decided to accelerate into it so downshifted and pressed the pedal to the metal. The car responded instantly and picked up speed into the curve with the Vento behind me and the Innova ahead in the left lane both accelerating too and then the curve came up and it happened. MOTORING NIRVANA!

I completely connected with my car and felt like I was a part of the car at that moment. We are accelerating hard, no body roll, superlative grip, car planted to the tarmac, talkative steering giving superb feedback, then taking that corner beautifully and then coming out of the corner still accelerating, revving upto 6000 rpm in third, oh what an adrenaline rush....I had never felt anything like this before! It was EXHILIARTING, the manner in which the Tjet took that curve.

The Vento and the Innova slowly faded into the distance in the rear view mirror, not able to keep up with the speeds my Tjet could do going into and coming out of that curve. After a few hundred metres of a straight road, a toll plaza came up and then I slowed down and it was all over. But that moment is still etched in my mind and brings a grin :D to my face every time I think about it.

This happened just before the Ulundurpet toll plaza on the Ulundurpet by pass.

I am writing this to share that unbelievable moment I experienced and what our Tjets are capable of and in no way to brag of my driving abilities, please always drive safe. Both these cars are torque monsters and I have seen them accelerate effortlessly fast with all that torque and overtake me easily on the highways especially the Innova.
  6. selwyn.a

selwyn.a Amatore

KA51
    GA01
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Absolutely agree. IMO both Linea & Punto have superlative road manners. On ghat sections there was no way an Innova could keep up with my GP90. Having said that, I find that the majority of Innova drivers behave like they have exclusive rights to any part of the road they wish.
    5u3zEr0 likes this.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @5u3zEr0

Totally agree with you about the experiene. Having driven a T-jet on the Mum-Pune E-way on multiple occassion, I can say that T-jet literally hugs the curves and holds on to it without a hint of uneasiness. And on the straight stretches it flies. The look at the driver's faces on the passing vehicles is worth capturing.
    5u3zEr0 likes this.
  8. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    @selwyn.a : Yup, majority of the Innova drivers drive like that on the highways, I guess that engine makes them behave like that. A few years ago even the Scorpio owners use to drive like that and bully others.

@ghodlur : Yes, that look is quite a common feature when you own a Tjet :). On old two lane curvy roads like the ECR which connects Madras to Pondicherry, the Tjet is an absolute blast to drive.
  9. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    23100 is what the odometer on my car currently reads today, after ninteen months of troublefree ownership.

In December at about 20500 kms, I got the wheels aligned, rotated and balanced and got my clutch checked up as it was getting hard in bumper to bumper traffic. One alloy wheel which had to go into the front, had a slight bend so I asked my service advisor to unmount the tyres and move them front and rear but to keep the bent alloy in the rear. They did a good job with the wheels/tyres as the car felt very good and there was no steering wobble at very high speeds.

Last week, went again on a solitary drive for work to Madurai and back which was a 950 kms round trip. Enjoyed the drive hugely as the roads are in brilliant condition all the way. The Trichy - Madurai - Trichy section has some very nice flowing curves with sparse traffic, pushed the car in this section. The left handed curve before Ulundurpet toll plaza I mentioned in my earlier post, is quite a long flowing curve which I noticed this time.

I will be giving the Tjet for its routine six months service tomorrow. I am still not happy with the clutch in bumper to bumper traffic, so that and a thorough brakes clean up is what is on the "to do" list in addition to the other general check up they will be doing.
  10. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Seems your are truly enjoying the Jet :) . Kindly check if the clutch can be bled for better result. 23K is too less for a clutch to behave hard.Please let us know the feedback after the service.
    Thank You.
    5u3zEr0 likes this.