1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Made-in-India cars crash tested - Swift & Datsun Go gets ZERO star

Discussion in 'Safety First!' started by Herbie, Jan 31, 2014.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Design is same, but the quality of the materials used over the years would have def changed due to various reasons i believe. And this plays a vital role in withstanding the crash testing. Isnt it? ;)
    But i wish your lines are true tho :p
  2. acechip

acechip Superiore

And what if Fiat is reluctant ? They must be thinking, arrey yaar, just when we started looking at shaving 100 kgs off the Punto in India, these guys are pestering us for an NCAP test !! I am not surprised if that is the prevalent feeling in Fiat's engg dept.
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @acechip
    Hmm..True, they may or may not. We never know. But atleast 5 mins on that form wouldnt be a real loss isnt it.
  4. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Fiat must now think of innovative methods of shaving ,like the french beard.(shave all round except the chin:)

Abdul
    zenwalker likes this.
  5. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    This should be an eye opener for car buyers. And its very sad to see the attitude of SIAM. The result clearly says that even swift provides airbag and abs across all variant they will not score more than 3 star rating.
    zenwalker likes this.
  6. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    no it won't be zero for lower variants of punto....please check the ref picture below for the active variant punto....it will be at least 1.

Untitled.png
    Murphy_Fiat and GP_Freak like this.
  7. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @bibin Any car even a 50 lakhs one without airbags will be rated 0. That is how the testing works. Also a lighter car need not necessarily mean a bad car as most manufacturers globally try to cut weight to improve both efficiency and performance. However, cutting weight while sacrificing on safety is really not acceptable which is what MS has been doing in our country.
    zenwalker likes this.
  8. acechip

acechip Superiore

I have done my bit !
    zenwalker likes this.
  9. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    The basic structure and shell doesn't change . Our Fiats still come with heavy sheets metals. When a standard swift can move from zero star to 3 star with just addition of Airbags, then Fiat Punto and Linea will fare far better than Swift.

Datsun Go has been severely criticized because even with addition of Airbags, It will not meet the minimum requirement . Ie 3 stars because the shell is declared as unstable.

https://play.ndtv.com/video/index/id/343625?#t=0

And watch the show from NDTV, guess a separate bill is getting ready and Crash testing facility is coming up in Chennai as per it.
    zenwalker likes this.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3