1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Lungo dal vivo,fiat! Trip to chandaka reserve forest

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Dieselhead, Jun 5, 2011.

1. I like the colour
    was it a diesel?
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Yes my friend..The 1.7 diesel monster :)
  3. great car cinju.Do you still own this gal?
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    No buddy..I had to sell it off as I moved out of country for some time. Now I own a punto.
  5. Dieselhead, that is one great UNO you have. Do post some more pictures from the forest.

@Cinju, I can understand how you feel without your UNO. I had to part ways with mine since my dad upgraded to the Linea and I got his Palio, but the UNO is still in the family, my bro (cousin) is using it now.

@Diselhead, sorry to hijack your thread, after seeing your UNO and Cinju's UNO, could'nt resist posting a picture of my UNO. Hope you don't mind. Its a 2001 model 1.7 ELX, repainted by me and is still going strong at over 1.85 lakh kms.

2001 Uno 1.7 ELX.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  6. Lovely Car cvanandh.The car is probably gray,it looks great.post some more pics of the car.
    KEEP RIDING AND KEEP SMILING:)
  7. Same thing with me man.We had to give away our Uno to Dieselmania as we bought a Palio 1.9D elx,which was sold to bring home the Punto MJD Epk.
    Check out the palios' pics in the ''introduce yourself'' thread.
  8. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I never thought Uno looked this good. Hats off to Dieselhead, Cinju and others..
  9. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    uno would have been the ford figo of those times if fiat had delivered the car. it had recorded 1.90lakhs bookings which is the highest in the indian automobile history till date(correct me if i am wrong). but the fiat plant had a worker strike and all bookings got cancelled and fiat never revived from that set back.
    it was class leading in every department. it had great space inside, super comfy seats, huge boot, responsive engine(s), superb handling and stability.
    my uno has done more than 2l kms of which it ran on petrol for 1.37l and the rest on lpg but the refinement of the engine is still too good. the engine response is still very good after so many miles in lpg. and yes the engine is not opened, only the clutch plates etc changed. other engines would have given up much earlier.
    i still dream of modifying my uno.
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    For petrol engines the 'FIRE -Fully Integrated Robotised Engine ' was a real catch.