1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Lungo dal vivo,fiat! Trip to chandaka reserve forest

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Dieselhead, Jun 5, 2011.

1. UNO TACKLING THE ROUGH TERRAINS OF CHANDAKA ELEPHANT SANCTUARY.(4X4 MODE OF UNO,EVEN I HAD NEVER DREAMT OF A LOWRIDER CAR TACKLING STONY PATHS) :eek:

DSCN1835.jpg

DSCN1840.jpg

DSCN1841.jpg

DSCN1842.jpg

DSCN1843.jpg

DSCN1844.jpg

DSCN1846.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    4X4 MODE ??
    you mean rear wheel drive too?

how did that happen for uno?
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Dieselhead your Uno is rather well maintained till date. How many kms has it run?

Gurjinder.

I think dieselhead meant it in a lighter vein ;)
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  4. gr8 gujinder well understood.a refined 1700cc diesel engine pumps out great torque,added to that rugged underbody and great handling make this oldie a real star.
    believe me guys this car climbs steep inclines and meanwhile you could sip a glass of your choicest wine,without SPILLING IT;-). It has clocked 130000 kms and still is a good gal.
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    @Dieselhead...UNO is a wonderful car and my 1st car was a UNO which made me a diehard FIAT fan :) .There was immense torque from the 1700 CC engine. I still miss my old car which I sold with half mind due to some unavoidable circumstance. Very happy to see your car in such good condition.
  6. gurjinder

Punjab
    Great.

Keep giving the old gal some tender loving care and she'll do 2,50,00 kms easy.

Do get its tappets set every once in a while to keep everything performing optimally. They make one helluva difference in these old diesels.

Gurjinder
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Well maintained UNO, i must say, (Touchwood)
  8. @Dieselhead: Nice pics my Bro. Nice reminder of the trip...:)
    BTW now private vehicles are not being allowed into the Chandaka Reserve forest.
    @all: Will come up with a trip on Linea to the highest peak of Eastern Ghat. Any Guesses about the place?
  9. Uno has solid build quality.
    Recently had a small highway crash with it. It was rearended by a Mahindra Xylo TD vehicle which made me ram into a Hyundai i20. As a consequence the Xylo Lost its Head Lamp, Right side Bumper and foglamps, the i20's bumper was grounded with a large dent on the rear. The impact was so large that I got quite shaken, but to my surprise there was not even a scratch on the rear. Sadly i lost my front right headlight glass and I am in the process of sourcing it from Agarwal ki Dukaan @ Kashmiri Gate(Delhi) as its not available @ Bhubaneswar.
  10. gurjinder

Punjab
    Welcome aboard dieselmania.

Do post an introduction about yourself in the Introductions area.

Gurjinder.