1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

LUCK : ONLY LUCK !!

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by amogh, Jul 28, 2010.

1. I guess every guy dreams of that 'hum tum' type situation. I did too, then I got married .
    All the very best Amogh. Do post your ownership...errr ...travel experience.
  2. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

:evilsmile
  3. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Alright guys : Time to come out with the truth.

The story I wrote was a fiction.

Following parts are true though
    • Yes, I was in Boston
      Yes, the flight was delayed and then cancelled
      Yes, there was a smart looking Indian girl but she was with her fiancee / husband
      Yes, my seat number was 17A (and I have no idea who was 17B)
      Yes, we did exchange smiles

My mind was all clogged up with unnecessary thoughts and I was just trying to clear it up and therefore came up with that story. I wanted to get out of that place as soon as possible and the flight cancellation just added to my frustration. :A When things have to go wrong : they can really go wrong in all possible ways (Not that I did not know about this : but experiencing it is a different issue altogether)

Anyway : all said and done : what had to happen had happened and all one can do is look back and smile. But there is a LUCK part associated with the story. The cancelled flight and the subsequent 24 hour delay did bring me some good luck. Here's how (and this is NOT a piece of fiction)

One of my very good friends from college (my project partner) who stays in the US got married recently (The marriage was in India). Since the marriage was in Nagpur I could not attend it. Usually when he is in India, we do catch up regularly. But this time, for some reason or the other, in his one month stay, we met just twice. I was planning to catch up with him as soon as I returned from the US but since my flight got cancelled even those plans were dashed. In all this, I had no idea when he was flying out of India.

So coming back to Boston now and I board the flight the next day after a decent overnight stay at Hyatt. (Nice hotel bang across the airport. My room had the harbour view and trust me : staying alone at such an awesome place is something I DID NOT enjoy !!) The flight leaves on time (with the Avionics box in place : yes ChaOs : it's still a Boeing !!) and reaches Amsterdam 30 minutes before the scheduled arrival time. It's early morning : 5.40 am : to be precise and I venture out in that HUGE airport in search of hot chocolate / coffee. Then I realise that wi-fi IS NOT FREE at Amsterdam. So I pay for wi-fi (since I have to make telephone calls from Skype), roam around in the airport, check out various DSLR's, chocolates, merchandise and then buy a large hot chocolate. One sip : and wow !! I am refreshed.

For some reason, I see an incredibly large population of desi's in the airport (I am not trying be discriminatory here please). But yeah : the sheer numbers did surprise me. I pull out my phone and call my mom. "Mom, is there an "India Cultural Conference" in Amsterdam or something ? I see a large population of Indians at the airport right now. And they are from all over !! See ! There is one more couple coming towards me" I say that to my mom and hang up the phone.

To my utter surprise : it's my friend who got married who is walking in my direction with his wife. He had not seen me. I yelled out his name and trust me guys : he got the shock of his life !! He was :shocked

Finally : we get the chance to have a good chat !! Well, from thereon we just chatted about things, thoroughly enjoying the surprise. Not that we had a serious discussion about something : but just the fact that we had met when we had given up the hopes of meeting each other made that moment worth remembering.

I checked in after a while to board my flight to Mumbai and he proceeded with his wife to show her the airport (and probably to get looted by her at the various shops at Schiphol)

It's amazing what life throws at you !! This surely was a stroke of good luck. One of those moments we live for !!

Adios

Amogh
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Your real story is more unreal.
  5. Bumping into someone at an unexpected location is something I always cherish. I had a friend in Blore. After many years, bumped into him at a Chicago theatre and then after some months bumped into him again at the Indianapolis Grand Prix. We exchanged numbers always but never spoke. We were destined to meet :)
  6. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

I guess amogh is a victim of "INCEPTION"!!! :devil

Didnt you watch the movie in the US before coming back to India??? ::T ::T break-free..

Try spinning the top... see if it helps!! :hit :hit

If it never topples... expect the unexpected... I know some very skilled architects & forger's working on/in you!!
  7. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    This is something I can relate to.. being in a great place all alone is so frustrating.
  8. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    My share of bad luck:

On 5th April, 2012, I appeared for my Class X English Exam. The first question of the q. paper I got was way too difficult for any Class X student (it was an unseen passage written in 15th century English. Am expecting to lose a cool 5 marks because of that. The other set was very very very easy :(