1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

LUCK : ONLY LUCK !!

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by amogh, Jul 28, 2010.

1. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This thread is entirely dedicated to your LUCK (good or bad)

There are times when you blame or are thankful to your luck. This thread is dedicated to such events where all you could do was blame or thank your luck.

Here is mine : In this case I am blaming my luck.

Place : Logan International Airport, Boston

Story:
    I am sitting at the airport, checked in well in advance (5 hrs to be precise) to board my flight to Mumbai via Amsterdam. As I sit and kill time I observe people, call friends and play games / check emails on my phone. After about 3 hours an Indian looking girl comes and sits right across me. Good looking, tall and wheaty complexion. Very good personality I must say. I guess she also realised that I am from India (not that it's too hard to make out that I am from India) and we exchanged a smile.

As boarding time came close, she pulled out her boarding pass and I saw the seat number on her boarding pass "17B". And I was like :wow You can guess why ? I was "17A" :dancing

As we were getting to ready to board the aircraft comes the announcement (and my stroke of bad luck) : "Technical snag. Avionics box is not working. Flight is delayed by an hour".

Alrite : fair enough : an hour sounds cool. I will still get my connection from Amsterdam and the girl will still be sitting next to me.

An hour later comes another announcement "Problem is still not solved, next update after an hour"

Still cool : I had a 4 hour layover at Amsterdam. I will still get my connection from Amsterdam and the girl will still be sitting next to me.

An hour later comes the next announcement : "We are still trying to figure out the problem and the flight will now leave at 9.30 pm"

Damn !! There goes my connection. If the flight would have left Boston at 9.30 pm there was no way I was going to catch my connecting flight from Amsterdam. Still : I was sure the airline would do something about it AND the girl will still be sitting next to me.

At 10.00 pm comes the knockout blow : "Delta is sorry to announce that flight DL 266 to Amsterdam has been CANCELLED" :A :A :A

I am moved to a hotel, I see the girl taking a bus to some other terminal of the airport (I think she flew to Paris) and I am asked to fly 24 hours later on the same route.

For once : I was going to have a good looking female sit next to me on a long flight. But that stupid Avionics Box had to screw up my trip !!

I hate Delta, I hate Boeing and I hate everyone who is involved in manufacturing of that Avionics Box !! :boxer :boxer

Well, all I can do is : BLAME MY LUCK !!

Story ends.

Amogh

P.S : I am writing this from the same airport, waiting for the same flight a day later and I don't have that girl anywhere in sight.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

:lol :evilsmile

I hope you have some Aunty sitting next to you in your next Flight. :dance

BTW, didn't you exchange phone numbers???????? :hit :hit :hit :hit
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Keep your eye open, she will come back. Do initiate talk (or whatever you like :wink: ) this time.
    Complete the story when you come back. All the best.
  4. milind5656

milind5656 Novizio

Pune
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Give me email ids of two people.. one ur GF and second the girl at airport, so i can share this page with them..!! ::OO
  5. amogh

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^ good try milind : I don't have a girl friend !! :)
    1 person likes this.
  6. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Amogh

Avionics failing in the Boeing ??
    And people blame only Fiat and Punto for faults.!! All the best for your next luck to stick with you for life. :)

Abdul
  7. amogh

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Update : I am at Amsterdam right now. And no one was sitting next to me in the flight
  8. :evilsmile :evilsmile
  9. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Boeing.. typical american!! :traffic had it been airbus :cool (european) we would see you at the chatrapati Shivaji intl. airport with your new Gurl Friend?? :mischievous
  10. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Koi Baat nahi Amogh bhai.

Ek kahawat hai... tu nahi koi or sahi, or nahi koi or sahi. Bus himmat or nazaro se kaam lena. ::D ::D