1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Lower arm ball joint fix tried...

Discussion in 'Technical' started by varin11, Aug 16, 2015.

1. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Yes sure I would be interested in PU bushes, do let me know approximate cost of them.
  2. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Am too interested...
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 19, 2015, Original Post Date: Aug 19, 2015 ---
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 19, 2015 ---
    Am gettin QH talbros lower arm ball joint outside....I dont mind just changing only the ball joint if bushes k as Talbros is good quality.
    ....but the installation will be with nut and bolts and not rivets as in original. Any issue with the nut and bolt fixing.... like alingment, loose etc..
    kindky share ur experience on non OEM balljoint for me to decide.
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Regular nut and bolt would keep on getting loose and break but there are special high stress nut bolts available for this type of applications.
    I got Indigo CS nut and bolts from TASS which hold ball joint to arm did not face any issues after that.
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    How many kms done after the installation Vijay.
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Around 40k kms
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks for the valuable info on this thread guys. Please post pics too if possible. And also links of suppliers or supply options. FYI, had to change lower arms twice within a short span of 2-3 thousand kms. One sudden impact and it started making noise. Although unfair to compare just based on that. But I agree parts quality is not as it was few years back. Clearly localization is not to the mark. Apart from that the GC upgraded at 32k suspension seems to be giving up. Currently at 61k+. Ride quality affected. The whole lower arm needs to be replaced or is it fixable the rubber and rivet? For Linea mjd.
  7. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @asimpleson

The rubber bushing and the ball joints can be replaced with a superior one depending upon the expectation you want . In my case I need a bushing for longer Life may be lasting around 5 years and more than 1.2L km.I am trying to sort out the issue once and for all because even my rear bushing are now making noise and I think they also nearing death.The product quality is really really bad.I am trying to locate all the bushing that are prone to damage and will replace them at a single stroke.

@vIjAy_kHaSa
    Though you can use High tensile bolts and Nylock nuts for securing the ball joints but I would strictly restraints it from doing that and would prefer to rivet them again.I won't go in the detail but not advisable due to many reasons.
    asimpleson likes this.
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    @asimpleson
    Ball joint is made by QHTalbros and bushes are made by AMP. They are available with most spare part stockist.
    Ball joint is available online at Spareshub.

@KKAUL
    I could not find any person who had hammer gun to do such rivets hence used nut and bolts.
    asimpleson likes this.
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I suspect the new bushes will last longer than the one in the original lower arm (almost done 92000 kms in my case) after reading all negatives.
  10. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Changed the lower and now steering feel good..
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015