1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Low Mileage - Punto Dynamic MJD 1.3

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by harilalmn, Nov 15, 2013.

1. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi,

Did you try to check fuel consumption by tank full to tank full method? after applying correction to the distance traveled and actual distance covered based on change on tyre profile? My suspicion is on the tyre size and accounting for difference in the distance/speed originally calibrated by the speedo/MID.

Speedo error calculator

Apart from the other fact posted by you change of Fuel filter and oil levels.
  2. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Also shifting between 3000-3400 rpm seems higher, I have been changing at 2000-2500 rpm and have obtained decent fuel consumption values.
  3. ani1900s

ani1900s Novizio

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even my MID always shows an average of 8-9kmpl, whereas the actual average that I get on calculation of fuel filled against tripometer is around 17-19kmpl (city & highway together) with AC switched ON. I really thought that the calculation of MID was not to be totally believed, but it seems that I am incorrect. Does everyone's MID shows a figure that is nearly the same figure as the actual average?
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    i was shifting at 3000 because i didn't want to lose thrust and wanted to maintain pace :)
    1 person likes this.
  5. mallireddy

mallireddy Timido

Visakhapatnam
    Visakhapatnam
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sad to hear your cars mileage. its some MID adjustments. my mileage was 27.9 on highway at 2000rpm, speed 90 kmph. and 17.8 in city conditions with 80%AC on