1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Low Mileage On a Punto 2012

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by throbknight, Jul 19, 2012.

1. throbknight

throbknight

Warangal
    My car(Punto MJD Emotion 2012) is two months old and it has done above 6500kms. The mileage on highways if I drive at a constant speed of 80Kmph is near 19kmpl. But inside the town(Not City Traffic) under normal driving conditions, I am getting near 11kmpl.
    I have checked the mileage in both the methods, one from the MID and other from tank full to tank full. In both the cases the results are almost identical. I am running the car with almost 4 rupees per km.
    Please help:(
  2. dharmesh

dharmesh

mumbai
    11 is too low. alothough I myself have managed to get that low as well, but it's not often just some times. Get it checked at T.A.S.S.
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    There are many variables here.
    How much AC do you use, how long do you hold each gear, do you drive with a heavy foot
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Please check the engine oill level. Clean the air filter. Check the coolant level. these are the primary things to be checked. If they are normal then one has to look for further. Your Highway FE is not bad. Your driving style can also be a factor. If your friend have a punto you can check it once. If your friend have punto you can ask him to drive your punto and see if there is any difference because of driving style.
  5. macky

macky Amatore

hi Sungoa, the highway efficiency he mentioned is when the speed is around 80kmph, and 19 is definitely on the lower side. I usually get around 28 if i drive at that speed( I normally drive on Hyd-Blr route where i hardly apply brakes because of less traffic). around consistent 100 Kmph i will get 20-22, and all the figures are with 100% AC. And in the city generally its around 15 with 100% AC. but mine is 2010 make, i also have a friend who owns a 2012 Punto and i drive it occasinally and even that is not giving good FE.(its still in run- in period though) ,

apart from that(little OT) : also the car is little jerky when i try to put my foot on the gas pedal every time, where as i dont get that on my car, another observation is that the horn noise is much more audible in the cabin than the older versions, i double checked that with the TD vehicle as well.
    can someone please confirm my observations. Thank you.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i get the jerky feel only in first gear,that might be due to early release of the clutch pedal,but that doesnt worries me much,still i'm happy to use it in bumper to bumper traffic.
    May be newer versions got some nice audible horns,as we are now into 2012 Punto ;)
  7. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    My FE in Hyderabad City traffic is 12.7 - 13 kmpl. I am sure, it is the way I drive. Alto which I owned earlier used to return me 14kmpl in city.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    It's really difficult to say what sort of efficiency figures the car should return unless we know about the driving styles, conditions etc.

As a personal experience on the Linea, i've seen it deliver 25kmpl and also 18 kmpl on the same highway. One was a sedate drive, other was a not so sedate drive. ;)

The same car also returned 12kmpl on some hilly roads in Himachal, with me keeping the Multijet on a complete boil (3000+ rpm's throughout).

So, as you can see, the figures move around quite a bit depending on how we drive and the conditions.