1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Loved the Punto 1.3L MJD, Need a test drive of 1.4L Punto

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by aksri036, Apr 24, 2013.

1. aksri036

aksri036

Bangalore
    I am planning to buy a Grande Punto in Bangalore. I have been trying to get a test drive of 1.4L Punto Emotion, but apparently none of the showrooms in Bangalore have petrol vehicle available. I have contacted both KHT and Vecto motors :mad:
    Since petrol vehicle was not available, I took TD of 1.3L MJD and boy, was I not thrilled after driving this car. I had done a TD of Polo, i20, Honda City earlier but this was something special :D
    I have almost made up of my mind on buying a Punto. So before finalizing this car, I wanted to get a feel of 1.4L petrol as well. Since the car is not available in showrooms, I was wondering if any TeamFiat member who owns Punto 1.4 L, would like to help me with a TD? By the way, I work in RMZ Ecospace Bellandur.
    Also your tips on choosing between 1.4L petrol emotion vs 1.3L MJD would be appreciated.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    To test drive 1.4 FIRE in Bangalore, do have a look at below thread and do PM to owners. I am sure they would be happy to give their car for test drive.
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/punto-1-4-fire/1261-grande-punto-1-4-emotion-pk.html
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/punto-1-4...iat-grande-punto-1-4-emotion-july-2009-a.html

Also, do post your TD interest here - https://www.fiat-india.com/schedule-test-drive/?disable_ssl_redirect=false

Choice between 1.3 and 1.4, would depend on few factors, like monthly running expectation, budget etc. Please provide more details, by default if cost is not a factor and running anything more than 500KM per month, MJD makes more sense.
  3. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Aksri , if you can come down to kanakapura road today, i can provide you 1.4 drive - no testing but only driving ;)

PM me your mobile no
    3 people like this.
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    HeHe. Cubbie I liked the line "No testing, only driving". :p

Aksri, choice between 1.4 and 1.3MJD is based upon 2 factors:
    1. Budget and economic factors- MJD will cost more but diesel is cheaper and MJD returns more mileage. The 1.4 Punto costs Rs6.80 lacs and MJD Emotion costs Rs7 lacs So the difference is a mere Rs20000/- only. Even if running is 400-500Km, MJD makes enough sense.

2. Performance and NVH factors- However silent a diesel car maybe it will always make more noise than a petrol car. Trust me, MJD is quite silent when compared to other cars like Etios, Honda i-DTEC etc. In petrol cars, you cant make out even if the engine is on or not. But the noise of diesel engine can be heard only if you are driving without playing any music. This isn't a very big factor. The other thing is that MJD has a turbocharger and offers a torque of around 200 at around 1750rpm. Thus, MJD will have better performance as compared to 1.4 especially in city where a car is mostly driven at lower rpms as compared to the highways.

If I were you, I will definitely go for the 1.3MJD variant. It costs just a mere 20k more than the 1.4FIRE (I am using the word just a mere as in case of most other cars, the difference between a petrol car and a diesel car is as much as 1 lacs or more for corresponding variants).
    2 people like this.
  5. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    MJD makes more sense than petrol...And i had read in TFI that Punto 1.4 Fire petrol engine production has been stopped..
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nadeem, thats an incorrect info IIRC. 1.4 is available in Emotion variant.
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Gadag
    Paddleshifter i know 1.4 is available in only Emotion variant but it's production was stopped bcoz of no demand for 1.4 fire engine..
    1 person likes this.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    From where you got this information?
    Production might stop temporarily, if inventory becomes big, but will be available in case somebody wants to buy it.
  9. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Gadag
    I had read in TFI form..somebody had mentioned..
  10. anoop

anoop Superiore

@aksri: Ah, I see that you have joined here - did you get my PM over the other forum, or did you join here before that :) Hope you get the TD soon.