1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Love to drive Grande Punto

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jayesh Mahajan, Sep 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayesh Mahajan

Jayesh Mahajan Timido

Pune
    I am silent reader since long time( <1yr). Finally I decided to join the team after my recent purchase of Grande Punto.
    I was working with Tata Motor earlier and part of team who set up Fiat's Ranjagaon plant. Drove first Punto on test track and fall in love on day itself. It my long time wish to have Punto of my own. and this is my first car.
    But in there are considerable changes happened especially Engine tuned down. There is considerable power lag. I dont have issue though.

Looking forward to meet fellow Fiat owners from Pune to exchange exp and ideas to improve upon.
    Thanks.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Congrats on the buy. Do pen down your ownership details with pics.

Thanks
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
  5. Jayesh Mahajan

Jayesh Mahajan Timido

Pune
    Hi,
    Its Grande Punto , 1.2 Dynamic. Family member turn down Diesel though I was pushing for that. EVO was out of budget.
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  6. jay raman

jay raman Timido

new delhi
    new delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    hello Fiatians,
    am damn confused between the GP 1.2 fire or i-gen i20
    price varies 20-30k between both cars

please help me i m done with the booking of punto already
    now confused about i20
    :/
  7. Jayesh Mahajan

Jayesh Mahajan Timido

Pune
    Hi Jay,
    I dont know what you prefer. but if you go with my view -
    Punto - +ve - Pure driving pleasure, most stable car on Indian road, easily curve any sharp bend, go with early over any bump, path holes. Very big cabin space and luggage. Above all most stylish
    -ve - Petrol lack power, hence low on acceleration. Little higher fuel consumption (I got around 15 km/ hr in city traffic, with AC on).
    No gizmoz, (camera, gps music system, two tone horn etc). Little old style interior.

I20 - +ve - Styling, High Power compare to Punto, High end gizmoz, higher no of service centers.
    -ve - Little discomfort in driving seat, cramped cabin space, very small luggage space in respect to overall dimension of car, unrefined suspension, slow response of steering.

Last thought - if you want go to impress with gizmoz, want accelerate fast on red light go for I20.
    If want to lay back and enjoy driving, comfortable long trip with family, go with Punto.

(Punto much look better than I20. Check with any with any lady in your family).
  8. jay raman

jay raman Timido

new delhi
    new delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    how underpowered GP 1.2 is.?
    i mean does it feel much about the power.?

what if the car is fully loaded with family nd boot.?
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 27, 2014 ---
    seems u got the same 1.2 dynamic
    please tell me something about ur ownership experience..!

i like punto over i20 but got the fear of its under-power
    :(
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  9. Jayesh Mahajan

Jayesh Mahajan Timido

Pune
    Car lack initial zooming acceleration. If you stopped at red signal, then you necessarily need to use 1st gear to accelerate if rpm below 5k. I dont have timing details but this can exp by a avg person who does not know any thing @ automobile. But once car crosses 10k RPM, car is pretty smooth and fast can compete any SUV. This is true for fully loaded car. (Car itself heavy owing to higher gauge sheets, and robust construction. Maruti or Hyundai car can easily get dent by a cricket ball but punto does not).
    Hope this will helpful.
  10. jay raman

jay raman Timido

new delhi
    new delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thanks sir,

no doubt abt its built quality
    my dad questioned me that what if the car is fully loaded will it manage to carry us all.?

or the under-power will be their.?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.