1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Love My Fiat Linea

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by rajbajwa, Jun 1, 2010.

1. rajbajwa

rajbajwa

Mumbai
    Hi,

My name is Rajwant Bajwa. Friends call me Raj. I keep my login name quite simple with just my name. A car enthusiast to the core. I am May 1978 born. Had my first car in 2004 - Hyundai Santro. I then moved to a used Skoda Octavia - Petrol (2000 CC) in 2008. Swore never to buy a used car again and bought myself the Flamenco Red - Fiat Linea - Petrol Emotion Pk in October 2009.

A true mumbaite by heart and soul. Born and lived all my life in Mumbai. My dad is based close to Chandigarh. He has a 2007 Honda City and a 2009 Chevrolet Spark. I drive those cars when I am there.

I live in Mumbai with my wife. The only other family I have is my Dad who is working in Himachal Pradesh in an industrial town around 40 kms from Chandigarh.

Like to follow Formula One. Subscribe to Auto Magazines. Watch Auto Shows on television. Loved Top Gear on BBC. Later fifth Gear. I love the way Jeremy Clarkson describes automobiles. I firmly believe with him on the fact that some machines have soul and some don't. I am totally in love with the Fiat Linea which I attribute to her having a soul.

Like to travel and see different parts of the world. Got to see some countries thanks to my job which is in a KPO. (I am a pure sciences (Chemistry)graduate studied in KC College - Churchgate - Mumbai University and then did my MBA in Finance from NMIMS- Mumbai).

Love Fiat,

Raj Bajwa
  2. rajbajwa

rajbajwa

Mumbai
    [attachment=0:1qxt3e8f]Picture 1855.JPG[/attachment:1qxt3e8f]
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Wel Come to the Gang, Raj

If I remember you have 3/4 colleagues/ friends owning Linea. They can also join :)
  4. rajbajwa

rajbajwa

Mumbai
    Yes Amit you remember correct. There are 4 Lineas in my office. Out of the 4, three of us were already part of Fiat Linea Users Club which you had created. So the message is out and they'll join this club as well. I'll also ping the 4th colleague about these clubs.

Just some info. The 4th colleauge is the senior most executive in my company in our geography. We do feel good that he went for the Linea inspite of him being able to afford a much more expensive vehicle.
  5. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    Yes, Raj

I think you mentioned about that Senior colleague somewhere, I think I read it somewhere
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Your senior colleague got impressed by you guys. He didn't want to have lesser beauty with him. :)
  7. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Welcome Raj! :)

So how did you felt after driving Octavia? Linea -Bossa Nova White or may be Bravo wud be my next, hope so ;).
  8. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Same here Grandeur.... A VGT Linea or a Bravo would be my next possession.
  9. rajbajwa

rajbajwa

Mumbai
    Yeah I think we are amongst the bunch of passionate Linea owners with our e footprint on many car forums. We don't get tired talking about our cars. That's what connects us.

Haha.. But the fact is that all 4 bought the car at around the same time within a gap of around 2 months. (Between Sep - Oct 2009)

You guys will remember that I had mentioned in our office parking we try to park all 4 Lineas next to each other. The sad part now is that our office has shifted and in the new office we are facing some parking problems so we don't get the chance to park next to each other. We park wherever we get space.

Thanks Grandeur.
    The Octavia was really a lot of fun to drive. But then It was a used car with a lot of miles clocked. Skoda Octavias are notoriously expensive to maintain. I started getting some problems. I was afraid of the risk of some major expense coming up on the car. In comparison to the Linea, I'll be honest the skoda was more fun. But then guys it's not a fair to compare an 8 lac rupee car with a 11 lac rupee one.

Bossa Nova white Linea is the best color in my opinion. Although I have the Flamenco red one I have voted for white in the poll put up on the site. I am sure you and Andy will have the Linea very soon joining your Grande Puntos.
  10. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    What a sight it would be - Linea & Punto parked side-by-side in a single residence compund/parking lot. :wow