1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

loud Krr Krr Noise while running

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by varin11, Nov 2, 2011.

1. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    My Linea MJD 2009 run about 55000 Kms 3 -4 months back some noise started from front while car is running. The sound was like some loose, TASS pointed it to the loose stone guard.The sound disappeared but re appeared again faintly after some months and this time it increased and sounded like some loud Krr KRR KRR while the car is running as if some metal is scraping together.I showed it to some mechanics and they pointed out it be some from lower arm bushing (without opening the suspension) as i was scared the other mechanics opening as parts also not available outside.Today I went to Wasan , kandivili and he said its Rack and pinion issue. He claimed to be 98% sure of the rack problem (without opening the suspension) and 2% suspension issue and said it be changed under extended warranty. The part has to be ordered and we know the fiat spare parts issue.
    Any body facing this problem .The sound doesn't start immediately say after full night halt, starts after running the car for 15 minutes. The sound is Krr krr krr when the car moving and more when on bad road or speed breakers.
  2. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Is the sound coming when you turn the steering or on straight stretch too?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  3. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Ya it comes some times when turning steering also.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    i suspect 2 issues.

1. steering rack issue
    2. drive shaft issue.

either of the above 2 issues is causing this, if the possibility of loose guard or something is ruled out.

has the steering become heavy? is the steering oil level dropping?
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  5. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    nop its not become heavy and I dont see any oil leak.Stone guard issue less probability as the sound comes both the sides in front when u press the car fro the bonnet/side whilw car is stationary.One local mechaninc trsuted said its lower arm bushes issue more likely as bad bushes would give metal grinding like sound.
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011