1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Lost one key of my Linea

Discussion in 'Linea Classic 1.3 MJD' started by AbiS, Feb 20, 2015.

1. AbiS

AbiS Timido

Hi Friends,

I have lost one key of my Linea , so is there a way I can get one from the Company or I need to change the whole system? Please suggest!

Thanks,
    Abinash
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Please start searching for the fiat key code card and go to the Service center as soon as you find it. ;) No need to change the whole system.

Getting a new key was expensive in the past but i think it got cheaper. i think it is around 6000 for a new set of keys or something. Not sure.

The key code card would look like this anf you should have received this card when you bought the car.

20140525161215-fiat-3_10825835.jpg
    Ps: this is not my card, so people need not panic ;)
  3. AbiS

AbiS Timido

Great, Thanks Sir!
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Which key did you lose? The remote one or Manual one? As @vj_v1 suggested a visit to FASS will help to understand the process.

One question though - even if the key code is available and a new key is ordered based on that, wouldn't there be 3 keys for the car assuming the lost key does find into hands of somebody. Wouldn't changing the locks be the better alternative though it will be reasonably expensive?
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @ghodlur, Fiat can program it to disable the lost key and feed a new code for new key to pair, thereby making the lost key invalid to work to start the car even if found later. But I think that key can still be used to open doors.
  6. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I paid ₹3990 for an additional remote key. Pairing come along with that, but some FASS may lift some thing (<600) as service charge.
    Luckshman likes this.
  7. xler

xler Novizio

Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    I lost a bag containing both the remote key and the key code card. Would I be able to get a complete new set made? Any idea how much it would cost me?
    The person at the FASS told me that HD would not be able to assist without the code card.
  8. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

Karnataka
    14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Yes, it may be impossible to get any help without code card. Probably replacing all the systems/components related to the keys is the only solution.
  9. xler

xler Novizio

Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    Oh! I hope there is some way! Has anyone got the all the components replaced? what would be the waiting time for the parts? how much would it cost?
    I live in a small city with not many Lineas. My parked car would be a sitting duck. I am taking precautions to park it close to attendants and not keeping any valuables in the vehicle.
  10. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Sorry to hear that buddy,
    Totally off topic though after reading this thread I just clicked the pics of the Key code and the entertainment system and sent a copy of them to my email.

Regards,
    PradeepM